Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Tmicropolis
Unregistered

muscle spasms and other symptoms
      #2156 - 04/04/00 06:46 PM

Does anyone one know if muscle spasms are associated with HIV infection. About 3 months ago I recieved unprotected sex from someone whom I now believe may have been HIV pos. About 7 days later I had a sore throat, fever, excessive daytime sweating, followed by muscle and joint pain, and a rash for about 11 weeks and now the muscle spasms, I'm very worried even though my doctor and everyone else has told me I was at very low risk.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tmicropolis
Unregistered

Re: muscle spasms and other symptoms new
      #2157 - 04/04/00 06:47 PM

sorry everyone that was unprotected ORAL SEX

Dont Worry
Unregistered

#2159 - 04/04/00 06:48 PM

Calm down. Your mind will play tricks on you. You can not match symptoms you have to HIV if all you did was recieve oral sex. Read all about HIV transmissions. In 15 years of research nobody has ever been infected with HIV from saliva. Therefore nobody has ever been infected with HIV from kissing or recieving oral sex with saliva.

If there were blood in the mouth than there is a greater risk. Thats it, no blood then no problem. If you think that you are the first person to become infected with HIV through oral sex than you may need some mental health counselling. Good Luck.

Tmicropolis
Unregistered

#2160 - 04/04/00 06:48 PM

Thanks for the info, but I recently read somewhere that there have been as many as 5-10 reported cases through recieving oral sex and that the CDC just doesn't recognize them! I also read that some doctors now believe that visible blood is not need for transmission, that HIV can be transmitted by the tip of the penis coming contact with the tonsils. Does anyone know is there's any truth to those 2 theroies?

worried
Unregistered

#2161 - 04/04/00 06:48 PM

Hi Again

First thing to understand is what fluids carry enough of the HIV virus to be a real risk. Blood, Seman, Breat Milk, Vaginal Fluids. Did you (forget about any others) have direct contact with any of these fluids? Invisible blood may be a risk BUT with 15 years of research they have yet found where transmission from Oral or Kissing with the exception of 1 (ONE) rare case where it was MOST LIKELY mouth to mouth transmission and where HIV + person had bleeding gums and HIV- person had dental surgery. Another issue being look at is some kind of HIV Prohibitor in saliva which may help prevent the transmission of HIV.

I think you need to step back from yourself and try to understand WHY you are concerned. Is there guilt? embarrasement? shame? which may be triggering un-necessary concerns? Compare your risk to other risks like winning the lottery or lightening strikes. Your chances of encountering either are more likely than contacting AIDS from Oral Sex. Do you play the Lottery? or hide when litening strikes?

Good Luck

Tmicropolis
Unregistered

#2162 - 04/04/00 06:49 PM

Thanks for your concern, and on a lighter note, I do play the lottery and I haven't a damm dime. Well at least I've got my sense of humore back for now.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4104 - 05/18/00 08:47 PM

Another thing to think about is the number of other viruses and diseases that you can catch via oral transmission. Hepatitus B is 100 times more virulent than HIV and can produce many similar symptoms and is very easily transmitted via the oral sex route. I am just trying to rationalize a bit myself as I received unproteced oral sex from a woman and now have symptoms all across the board (spleen pain, muscle/joint pain, lower abdominal pain, neck stiffness, tiredness, depression. All symptoms lasting over 1 month) I hear everyone say the same thing "do you really think you will be the first to contract the disease in this manner?" but I CANNOT IGNORE THE SYMPTOMS!!!! The only thing I have to keep me sane until my 2 1/2 mo results next week is a negative Elisa at 35 days and the fact that there are many, MANY other viruses/diseases much more easily transmissable via this route.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8728

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3