Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hiding from HIV
      #215288 - 11/22/06 07:15 PM

I have been hiding, refusing, putting off taking an HIV test for 7 years and I have been lurking around here and posting anonymously for almost 2 years. I have no idea how to get myself to get tested...and yes I have numero uno risk factor so I am not just a worried well.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Hiding from HIV new
      #215319 - 11/22/06 07:59 PM

No one is going to hold your hand and take you for a test. You have to do that for yourself.

You can continue to live in the hell that is your life with all the worry about being HIV+ . Remember that if you are, you are putting off care that could save your life and each passisng day is time lost to saving whatever immune system you have left.

OR

If you aren't you have wasted the last 7 years of your life because you were frozen in fear over a simple test.

Either way it would seem that not testing is a no win situation for you.

I've lived with HIV longer than you have been worried about it. I'm glad I know my status. I'm glad I'm in control of my destiny.

The question is, do you want to continue to be the type of person that allows the unknown and fear to dictate how they live or do you want to take control of your own life.

The choice is solely your own to make.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1508

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3