Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Conflicting HIV information for transmission
      #215147 - 11/21/06 07:31 AM

Hi there,
I am getting a little more worried. During the summer I was seeing someone. We didn't have intercourse, but there was a couple of dates where we did a lot of open mouth kissing and I did receive a blowjob from her for a couple of minutes unprotected. I never gave her oral and we never had sex.
Now she is sick and gets fevers a lot. I'm afraid she might have HIV.
I thought you couldn't get HIV from getting a blowjob from someone, but I see a lot of info online saying you can! I'm so confused and feel stupid for what I did because I thought I was so smart knowing the risks. Obviously, I didn't.
What is the truth?

Andre

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Conflicting HIV information for transmission new
      #215150 - 11/21/06 08:32 AM

Even if she did have HIV, you didn't have a risk. There has NEVER been a confirmed case of transmission from receiving oral and you don't get HIV from open mouth kissing. Use your head.

It would seem that you probably have past the 3 month mark. If you're so worried about your non existant risk, then just get a test and put this matter to rest.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#215185 - 11/21/06 04:10 PM

[quote]Hi there,
I am getting a little more worried. During the summer I was seeing someone. We didn't have intercourse, but there was a couple of dates where we did a lot of open mouth kissing and I did receive a blowjob from her for a couple of minutes unprotected. I never gave her oral and we never had sex.
Now she is sick and gets fevers a lot. I'm afraid she might have HIV.
I thought you couldn't get HIV from getting a blowjob from someone, but I see a lot of info online saying you can! I'm so confused and feel stupid for what I did because I thought I was so smart knowing the risks. Obviously, I didn't.
What is the truth?

Some web sites for local clinics say that there is a risk because the person may have tiny cuts or sores in their mouth. Now I'm really confused.

Andre [/quote]

Anonymous
Unregistered

#215186 - 11/21/06 04:19 PM

"May be" a risk is the same thing as theoritical risk. In theory a comet could race out of the sky and kill you. Do you think it will happen?

The facts are that there has only been ONE case of transmission in the last 25 years from someone saying it was from kissing. That was investigatted and the CDC attributed the tranmission to extremely causes. There have been NO confirmed cases of transmission from getting a blow job. What people that want to freak out about these types of non risks is the fact that Salvia itself inhibits transmission since it inhibits the virus. Also in long term studies between sero-discorndant couples not once was HIV transmitted from kissing or recieiving oral.

Now as I have said before. If you want to get worked up over this. Do so. No one will stop you. If you want to be smart about this, then get the damn test even though you don't need one, and put this to rest.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4295

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3