Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

To All of the Worried Wells and Not Sures.......
      #214535 - 11/15/06 09:17 AM

Here is an email I sent to Dr Bob just in case he does not post it i thought I would put it here to try to help people just like me!

Dear Dr Bob……..

I thought I would post this to try to help all the worried wells like me who do not listen to your advice!!!!

Firstly where’s my HIV ARS Symptoms List? ah here it is……

Night Sweats- Check
Rash on Chest- Check
Fever 100 degrees- Check
Swollen Lymph Nodes confirmed by doctor- Check
Vomiting- Check
Diarrhoea- Check
Sore throat- Check

Well with all of these symptoms I must be HIV positive despite Dr Bob saying
“A tit-o-ssage is not considered a risk for HIV transmission, no matter how often she used those bodacious ta-tas on other happily married men.” It wasn’t the happily married men I was worried about it was the bugger before me who must be HIV + and had a viral load to kill a rhino (Not that rhinos can get HIV even I am not that stupid)

So I called the STD Clinic in the town that the offence took place in they said “We would not consider any form of testing following the activities described”. What do they know eh just like Dr Bob So I presented myself at my local STD clinic told them the same story, 3rd time lucky someone may take me seriously I must be HIV positive The said exactly the same, even with my impressive resume of symptoms.
But in light of my totally irrational fear of HIV and my obvious lack of understanding of normal transmission routes for the virus they would test me at the tree month mark but in the mean time go home and don’t worry! Ha that’s easy for them to say.

Three months has now passed and I went along to the STD Clinic today to get my reward for my pestering and finally find out if I have joined the ever expanding club of HIV positive people! Well I had my arm drain of blood they confirmed my blood type was ‘cabinet sauvignon’ after the four bottles we went through last night to take my mind off today. 3 hours later I got the results of my test NEGATIVE for HIV or Hepatitis. I think the shouts of “we bloody told you so” drowned out my “Woo f*cking Hoo!!!”

But Seriously………

Bob you are a fantastic guy and if I wasn’t a happily married man I would fly over there and kiss you! The work you do is fantastic, your approach to life considering your circumstances is amazing and your are an inspiration to us all. If you are ever over in the UK let me know because I owe you a beer!!

Finally for all you people who could not be bothered to read and note the above; here is a summary……….You can have very symptom in the book I did, they were real they were not imagined, was it HIV? NO…. Until you get tested you cannot know for sure.

Take care,

Martin

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
anonymous911
Unregistered

Re: To All of the Worried Wells and Not Sures....... new
      #214935 - 11/19/06 12:04 AM

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your post, I've been worried since I was attacked by an aggressive stripper. I've had some symptoms but I'm not sure what is stress and what is real anymore.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: To All of the Worried Wells and Not Sures..... new
      #214945 - 11/19/06 06:30 AM

DF,

You really need to let this go. You didn't get HIV.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1288

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3