Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
LolaTX
Unregistered

HIV?
      #214233 - 11/11/06 02:08 PM

About 3 months ago I had unprotected sex with this guy I've known for about 3 years. He told me a week later that he had chlamydia but took care of it. I got tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphallis, herpes,and HIV but it had only been two weeks.I started feeling very sleepy and lightheaded all of the time. The lightheadedness and Fatigue has gotten worse, and I'm having pain in my neck, I also wake up with a headache everyday. I tested at 3 months for HIV and it was negative. I've also been having tingleing sensation. .All my symptoms didn't show up until after the encounter I keep thinking I have HIV. Any advice on what sort of test I should request at the doctor? Also under what circumstances would it take someone longer than 3 months to develop antibodies?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV? new
      #214266 - 11/12/06 07:38 AM

That fact that YOU keep thinking your symptoms are because of HIV doesn't make it true. What is true is that you have a conclusive negative result. HIV is not causing your symptoms. See your doctor to determine the real cause.

taurusthecat
Master

Reged: 11/02/06
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: HIV? new
      #214328 - 11/13/06 07:00 AM

From what I know, it is extremely rare for anyone to take longer than 3 months to develop antibodies, so you can be certain that you are neg and be happy about it. If you are still thinking you are positive and think your symptoms are related to hiv infection even though you have passed the three month mark, why not wait another couple of months and have another test just to be totally totally sure. But after that, if you are still feeling nervous you need to seek counselling because the problem will be in your head, not in your bloodstream.

--------------------
I'm like fake fruit...... I don't bruise that easy.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1120

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3