Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Your Friend
Unregistered

Good Vibrations please
      #21389 - 08/25/01 12:06 AM

I have recently read some messages with a bit of acid in their words, Im not going to enter in particular discussions about it. I only hope all of them that are worried to be HIV negative and meanwhile, as they choose to be here at this forum, they could try to help another brother here. I truly appreciatte the help I have received here but lately there is a lack in this forum of personalities like Oops, Jackie Blue, etc. Friends that really help us to have the strenght to take a test, even at 25 days after exposure. Im a hostage of fear too, as you could see I was very sure I dont have HIV because I believ in God and in my doctor, and in results at 6.5 weeks period. But after a small rash in the face I was probed that fear exists still in me. I came here looking good advice, links, exoeriences, etc. but mainly friends. So I ask all to be friends again and share experiences.

I share mine again for those who are new here or to those of you that forget my story:

1) Risk contact: 1 time unprotected sex with sex worker female (she was on its first day at work, dont ask why but I know this for sure)

2) Doctor began fertility studies and here my fears began, I have no symptoms or ARS

3) My 3 urologists tell me not to be worried about that incident. I believe them at first because they ae very experienced with this kind of cases. One of my urologists, one of the most respected ones, tell me that I dont have to be afraid, he talked to me about the HIV prevelence in México, the cases between prostitutes (many of them are well controlled by the sanitary autorithies), etc. He is very convinced about this and he started my fertility program and tells me that the test is not necessary

4) After looking here and asking this site doctors I decided to take a test (6.5 weeks from the "risk") The results were negative

5) I came back to my doctor with the results, he laughed and tell mw they were not necessary but that this confirms the fact that Im HIV neg. I asked about what I have learned here (the window period, etc) and he tells me that maybe Im having problems with my mind. He recommends me a psiquiatrist and to see a infectologist (his friend) I talked a little with them and they told me exactly the same. They told me that this virus is hard to get (mainly in my case or cases like this) that most of the HIV pos people are people that get direct blood to blood contact (a lot of blood) like transfusions an sharing needles, that heterosexuals that get this by heterosexual contact are very but very rare and mainly fell on two categories: the ones that dont admitt they have another kind of risk or the ones that lived and have repeated contact with HIV positive persons.

With the last paragraphs I dont intend to offend anybody but my doctors tell me this with a great sincerity and they pointed to frienda that they have in Atlanta. Even one of my doctors is making some investigation between USA and Brazil.

They told me my 6.5 week test is conclusive (not only in my case but on almost all one contact cases)

... but still when I detected this face rashes, I get scared again. Im going to see my doctor next tuesday and ask again and maybe Im going to be taken to reclusion in a mental health hospital (:-) but im going to make the questions.

He told me by phone Im %&//%%(%( sick and that this is the last time he is going to say to me that Im HIV negative.

.... ah, the last minute news, after taking antihistaminic for a day , my one day rash is slowly dissappearing. Does ARS dissapears quickly as this and with antihistaminics?

... many says ARS doesnt presents at 11 weeks? Is this true

And please, lets have good vibes here, we all need this.

God bless you all

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jay
Unregistered

Re: Good Vibrations please new
      #21390 - 08/25/01 12:55 AM

From everything ive read, ARS symptos occure anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks and anything beyond or before this is very rare. Your rash is most likely attributed to something other then HIV. A 6 week test is very accurate but a 3 month test is conclusive. If you are still having persistent anxiety go ahead and take a test at 3 months. that oughta get rid of the anxiety regaring HIV.Anyways good luck and believe your doctors.

Friend
Unregistered

#21392 - 08/25/01 08:26 AM

I agree with Jay.

Also ARS does not goes only with one symptom, it has other ones that will go with the rash (vomiting, night sweats, diarrea, etc).

Relax, everything is going to be ok.

I will say a little prayer for both of us.

Take care,

Anonymous
Unregistered

#21435 - 08/26/01 11:57 PM

It's not ARS.
You're at 11 weeks - get tested. :-)

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2198

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3