Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Your Friend
Unregistered

face rashes
      #21309 - 08/23/01 08:59 PM

As some may know my doctor has told me to forget this issu of the HIV virus, I dont have had any symptom, I was just worried then , he evaluates my 6.5 week ELISA 3rd generation test and tell me that as he said I must not be worried about that, he said I must not take another test... but, now after 11 weeks of my risk exposure, after taking some vitamins for a fertility program my doctor is follewing with me (vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc) I get some rashes in the beard region of the face. They began last night as I feel some itch while I was sleeping. Now I get awake with some rhases that are mild visible but they feel like small blumps. There is no wather inside and they are disspearing at this time (slowly dissapearing). I must confess Im worried but my doctor said again there is no relation that maybe I have an allergy to some food. I must confess yesterday I eat a Pizza (maybe the cheese?) and that as Im reading some naturist books I took two garlic pieces and a good quantity of peanuts. Could it be ARS rash? Please tell me what you think.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous Idiot
Unregistered

Re: face rashes new
      #21310 - 08/23/01 09:16 PM

It's funny because I would be panicking right now if that occurred on my face, given my worries about the virus.... HOWEVER, to give advice I am not good at taking I would point out that most of the doctors postings on this site say that 11 weeks is VERY late to begin seeing ARS rashes appear. I spoke to a counsellor today who was told by the CDC that most people (And he then quoted "If not everybody") will show antibodies within 4 weeks. 3rd generation Elisa tests are so sensitive I am beginning to wonder if they can detect the disease remotely :)

I would hope you can see through my bad humor and understand that I would be very surprised if this was related. Try to relax and not read into the symptoms. I guess we have to learn to trust the doctors :)

Tough though isn't it?

Hope you feel better in the morning.

Friend
Unregistered

#21313 - 08/24/01 07:39 AM

I agree with you, the ARS rashed do not itch in the vast majorities of the times.

Stress can also create these rashed, from somthing small, it can become something huge.
Keep in mind that the area in which is appearing is very sensitive, if you shave or even if you dont, that area is sensitve.

Also ARS symptoms always appear with something else (vomiting, night sweats, diarrea, etc).

Relax my friend, and I still waiting for your e-mail.

Take care, VIVA Me...

Anonymous
Unregistered

#21317 - 08/24/01 09:49 AM

Dear Anonymous:

The rash commonly associated with acute infection would not appear on the face, but on the trunk of the body. ARS would NOT appear after eleven weeks of infection, but would typically appear 2-4 and in some cases around 6. The ARS rash also would not itch and would be elevated with a purple distinction. Your doctor is probably right in stating it relates to something you ate, but I would also recommend seeing or questioning your physician on the fertility medication. It is quite possible your rash is associated with any new medication you are taking. However, the rash would typically not appear on the face even in this event.

Rashes are very common and should never be used to declare oneself HIV positive. If your anxiety is high you need to seek professional counseling and stop trying to diagnose yourself positive. Far too often I read people fearing that he/she contracted the virus in a manner that clearly is not possible (or near 0% risk). Then they come here and sweat out their fears only to return after they sneeze...and what do they think?--it has to be related to HIV! That is the scenario that requires evaluation by a mental care professional. I commend each of you for becoming educated, but there is a difference between causing oneself to suffer mental symptoms and learning the aspects of HIV. I will assure you the symptoms you state are not related to HIV, and you need to move on or seek counseling. Good Luck

Your Friend
Unregistered

Re: Update new
      #21329 - 08/24/01 01:00 PM

My doctor gives me an antihistaminic, rash is slowly dissapearing, is this another sign it is not ARS? I have this face rash only one day (yesterday).

Sorry about my worriness but when this things appears this is scaring. Once again my doctor says that he is sure im HIV negative, he even says that I dont have to take another test.He take my vitamins away and says that this could be a vitamin related problem. He is going to give me the vitamines one at a time next week, he also asks me to choose a day and eat some more peanuts to see if this is the allergy Im reporting.

Please give me all your opinions about this.

P.S. Sorry If I disturb all those scientifically advanced citizens with my "south of the border" speaking but they have to know that almost 60% of the opinions about the window period I posted here came from doctors that are working at the USA scientific labs. My doctor has very close friends and colleagues at Atlanta, Brazil and Europe.

Friend
Unregistered

#21336 - 08/24/01 01:49 PM

Hey AMIGO, is ok.

I like the approach your doctor is taking. I know what you are going through, I bit my tounge (two nights ago) sleeping and then I saw the white thing on the side of it and I though it was ARS. Every time I had to go to the bathroom there it was, the tounge check. Now I dont have the pain sensation I had in the last two days and the white spot is disapearing.

Dont worry, we are here for you and what ever it is, we will try to answer it with the best of our knowledge. keep in mind that we also need your help.

Take care amigo, and have a Corona for us...:)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#21382 - 08/24/01 10:10 PM

Since your almost at 12 weeks go get another HIV test. Its obvious that you are still stressing and this HIV test will rule out your possibility at being infected. A six week test is good but to be sure take a 12 week test.

exWorryWart
Unregistered

#21409 - 08/25/01 04:39 PM

Dear Your Friend,

I know the pain you're going through. I just had a case of rash all over my body, it appeared 6.5 weeks after a risky exposure. I was convinced it was ARS even though I didn't have other symptoms like fever, sore throat, body aches, etc.

11 weeks after exposure is a really long time--to the point where it's probably not ARS. After my experience, I'm now in agreement that stress can do weird things to your body--including making you break out with rash on your face. It could also be an allergic reaction to something you're eating--maybe your fertility drug. Do talk to your doctor and...take an antihistamine! If it's allergy the antihistamine will help.

Good luck, Your Friend...

exWorryWart

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2802

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3