Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
anxiety dude
Unregistered

what are my chances of infection?
      #211589 - 10/13/06 04:22 PM

Wow...
So stupid...32 years old and I had UNPROTECTED drunk sex with a very questionable woman. It lasted only a couple of minutes, but I know that is enough. And I rubbed the tip of mr. happy around her vagina unprotected for a few minutes. She said she was tested for STD's and HIV in April.....testing negative, but who knows who the hell is lying?

So now it has been 2 weeks, I'm fatigued, have a mild sore throat and joint pain.....and am freaking that this is ARS. I also have pretty severe panic disorder....so I never know if I'm really sick or not.

I guess my questions are:

1. If she was infected, how likely am I infected?
2. When can I take a definitive test?

Thank you guys for being here and listening.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: what are my chances of infection? new
      #211597 - 10/13/06 08:13 PM

[quote]
So stupid...32 years old and I had UNPROTECTED drunk sex with a very questionable woman. [/quote]

Wow and you think she's questionable? Doesn't say much about you does it?

Anyway, unprotected sex is a risk. However it's is certainly not a certainty that you would have become infected, if she is indeed infected. Actually odds would be that you would not have become infected. HIV is a fragile virus and it is much easier to pass from a man to a woman.

Not sure why you mentioned rubbing your penis outside her vagina. That isn't even a risk and wouldn't be considered in a risk assesment.

A test at 6 weeks, will give you an excellent indication of your status. Many reputable health organization world-wide would tell you that is a conclusive result and you may feel comfortable with that, however the CDC has not yet lowered their window and it still stands at 3 months for a conclusive result.

NoOneYouKnow1669
Unregistered

Re: what are my chances of infection? new
      #212006 - 10/18/06 02:59 PM

Hey man no need to kick yourself in the balls about it. What's done is done..you can't change it. We all make mistakes (ME PROBABLY BEING THE BIGGEST OFFENDER) and we learn from them. I had the same experience as you, drunk, unprotected sex with a woman who was CONFIRMED to be positive...and yet 11 months later I am negative. Just let it be a lesson to
1. Wear a raincoat
2. Use better judgement
3. Better educate yourself on HIV/AIDS and EDUCATE YOUR FRIENDS

I hope you don't take this as me bashing you, but it's VERY valuable advice, and the exact same scenario that I went through....

Relax...breath....you will be fine....just be careful!

PS...I got all of ARS symptoms....turns out it was anxiety that i infected myself.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1213

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3