Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thought I put this worry stuff behind me
      #211301 - 10/10/06 08:55 PM

I little over three weeks ago I had anal sex (bottom) it was the first time in more than a year as I just returned home from Iraq, well sometime during this sex he removed the condom while we changed positions without telling me, he was so big that we had to try another position and thats when I noticed and stopped him right then. He was not in me for more than 30 seconds or very deep for that matter. We stopped right away and I cussed him out, he swears that he is clean but I know I need to get tested. A week or so later I expeienced sore glands in my neck but no swelling and no other symptoms, but that's all it took for me to get a bit stressed over this whole deal. What a bummer,some people are real assholes. I was just tested by the Army at the end of August and that was Negative. I have a physical at the 6 and half week point so I may just get a test done then and go back after three months. This stress is exactly why I stopped being the bottom in the first place. This sucks!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
polywog
All Star

Reged: 07/30/06
Loc: toronto
Re: Thought I put this worry stuff behind me new
      #211330 - 10/11/06 06:01 AM

1st of all, a little swelling of the glands isn't abnormal for anyone, risky behaviour or not, I don't believe you should relate this to HIV. You did the right thing in stopping your partner in his tracks, but, upon entry as you described there is risk, from your account of what happened, it certainly does appear to be minimal. It's just my opinion, but I believe anyone with even the most remote chances of exposure should get tested, so i hope you do. You may find a load off your mind with the results. I was exposed through the careless and wreckless act of another person, so i do know how you feel, but I doubt your fear will go away until you get your results - best of luck to you

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 843

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3