Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Results have scared me
      #210743 - 10/06/06 03:12 PM

Hi,

I am right now going through a lot. Two years ago I went for an HIV test. The results were: MEIA reactive, EIA supplimental nonreactive, P24 antigen nonreactive, Western Blot nonreactive. My family doctor gave me these results and told me to get another test done but only when I am ready (will anyone ever be ready?). I DONT KNOW how she sent me out of her office that day. I knew nothing about results....Just that they were inconclusive. Not the details. I left that day with her only telling me it was positive and then negative. I thought I was positive. I lived my life with HIV for two years thinking that I have it, but ignoring it. I didn't get another test done and did not meet anyone one or engage in anything sexual for two years thinking at the back of my head that I dont want to do this to anyone. When I got my test done I hadn't slept with anyone 1yr and 2 months prior. But I'm convinced, that he gave it to me...He slept with many girls.
Last week I finally decided to look into this and move on with my life whether I have it or not I can't live my life in fear of the unknown. I went to my family doctor and that is when she gave me those results...I got my test done last week. I'm still waiting on the results. I have convinced myself I am positive....Especially having every symptom. I have no where else to go and I need you to shed some light on this. My doc gave me no insight or knew anything about what my results meant. What do my results mean? What are the chances I could be negative? Is that possible? I am convinced and I'm scared out of my mind. Please has anyone else here had an experience like this? I know I am crazy for letting it get this far, but I don't know what else to do. Please any info will do wonders for me. Thank you in advance.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Results have scared me new
      #210748 - 10/06/06 03:24 PM

ELISA antibody screens are built to be sensitive, so sensitive that sometimes false positives happen. Documented reasons for this are pregnancy, cross reacting antibodies, and certain immune system disorders.
The WESTERN BLOT reveals the truth. Yours was negative, which means the test did not find a single protein of the antibodies made to fight HIV. This could happen for two reasons. 1. Your body had not made enough to show indeterminate or positive yet, or 2. There are none to find.
So......if you hadn't been at risk to catch HIV for three months prior to that test, than you are negative.
However if you were at risk during those three months, then you must get retested.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#210759 - 10/06/06 03:52 PM

Said like a king. Trust the guy above's advice.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#211401 - 10/12/06 12:34 AM

Thanks everyone, just wanted to advise I am NEGATIVE!!! Thank god and I am just letting everyone know to get tested and do not be afraid....I worried for two years and I seriously lost those two years and will never get them back. Please be safe and get tested...And if you are negative remember you have been given another shot at a healthy life, DO NOT take advantage of it and stay safe...Thats what I've learned from all of this...And lastly for those of you who have tested negative STOP worrying your wasting your time and life obsessing over something that is not even in your system....Believe the results. Love you all, all the best...Good luck

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1226

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3