Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

blood donation again
      #209194 - 09/29/06 04:00 PM

Hey there! Is it possible for blood not to be visible to the eye, but nonetheless could it transmit dangerous virus? I'm the guy with the blood donation session, when the nurse was touching the hole on my arm, from which I donated blood.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: blood donation again new
      #209201 - 09/29/06 05:34 PM

What if she wasn't a nurse? Do non qualified people collect blood? The blood session was organised at a respected organisation.

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #209203 - 09/29/06 05:39 PM

we cannot help you with your OCD issues....plz go to a mental health care professional asap*

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#209204 - 09/29/06 05:46 PM

Ok, just this question only. Hey there! Is it possible for blood not to be visible to the eye, like perhaps traces of blood? And can it transmit dangerous virus if it comes into contact with open sore, in non visible traces? Can it be said that blood not visible to the eye can still be blood?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#209205 - 09/29/06 05:47 PM

Good luck with the crazy.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#209208 - 09/29/06 05:51 PM

Ok, I'll try to explain it better. I want to say, if nurse had blood on her fingers from somebody else, then she e.g. tub her hands together and blood got spoiled and visibly gone, but not rally gone, would it still be infectious?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#209209 - 09/29/06 05:53 PM

And again......good luck with the crazy.

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #209216 - 09/29/06 07:06 PM

let me get this straight......Of 10,000 sperm released into your mother....YOU were the fastest????

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#209241 - 09/30/06 07:35 AM

hahah::) Well, yes.

Here I found the answer. According to this, no visible blood can't transmit.

Should I be tested for HIV?

Should you get an HIV test? The answer is yes - if you feel you need to be tested or suspect you may have been exposed to the HIV virus.

How HIV is transmitted

HIV is transmitted through direct contact with infected blood or other body fluids such as vaginal fluids and semen. In order to be transmitted, the infected fluid must come into direct contact with your bloodstream or the lining of your mouth, vagina or anus. Therefore, you could become exposed to HIV by:
sharing needles with an HIV-infected intravenous drug user
having vaginal or anal intercourse with an HIV-infected person
engaging in oral sex with an HIV-infected person
coming in direct contact (through an open wound or an injury with a needle) with HIV-infected blood

To reduce your risk of exposure use condoms for all sexual contacts (including oral sex) and apply proper cleansing procedures after contact with HIV-infected blood or other materials.

What sexual activities carry no risk?
sexual fantasies (it is amazing where your mind can take you!)
dry kissing
mutual masturbation (as long as no visible blood is involved)
use of clean sex toys

What about day-to-day contact?

It is very difficult to become infected with HIV in the course of ordinary daily activities. For instance, there is no risk of getting the disease from:
contact with inanimate objects (doorknobs, utensils, towels, etc) that are not visibly contaminated with blood
contact with intact skin (such as shaking someone's hand)
contact of blood with your intact skin

Remember, even if you are exposed to HIV-infected blood, there is no risk of transmission if the blood only comes in contact with your intact skin and is washed away promptly.

It pays to be informed. HIV testing is readily available. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or contact your local HIV testing facility - they are there to help.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: blood donation again
      #209291 - 09/30/06 08:24 PM

The original posters mother must have dropped him on his head a lot as a child. Get some help, aint nobody here can help you.

KayCee
Regular

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: South Georgia
Re: blood donation again *DELETED*
      #209381 - 10/01/06 04:33 PM

Post deleted by KayCee

Anonymous
Unregistered

#209383 - 10/01/06 04:55 PM

Kaycee.

Have you ever done an internet search like that? You just told someone needing information the very best way to get their head filled with MISinformation. Internet searches are a wealth of misinformation. Somewhere I bet you would find a web site telling you that insect bites will transmitt HIV.

Instead why not just impart your wonderful wisdom of how HIV is truely transmitted instead of keeping it all to yourself.

Like this:

HIV is transmitted by:

Unprotected Anal or Vaginal sex. Very rarely from giving oral to a man.

Blood to blood from sharing needles as done with IV drug use and very rarely needle stick accidents in healthcare settings.

Mother to child transmission, rarely anymore from birth when medications are used and via breast feeding.

If your concern is not listed above, then it is NOT a transmission risk for HIV. Simple as that.

Kaycee, I know you feel you identify with people Living with HIV because you live with Lupus. Both are horrible diseases. However, just as I would never presume to know how it is to live with Lupus or give advice about Lupus, with which I know very little. I would hope you would do the same about HIV.

KayCee
Regular

#209415 - 10/01/06 06:40 PM

Anon,
You are right. I am not HIV pos. I should never have told that person to go to the internet.
I know that you can not get HIV from someone touching your skin with their finger tip is all that I meant.
I am sorry, but I thought I was helping. I will never give advice again.
As far as Lupus goes there is a lot of misinformation on the net about our illness too. You could have a little bit more compassion.
You are correct when you say that HIV and Lupus are not te same, but shit there is no cure for Lupus either yet! Oh I guess you did not realise that. Well I will never post in here again. Kathleen

Anonymous
Unregistered

#209416 - 10/01/06 07:06 PM

I was compassionate about your disease. I do understand the much of what we face emotionally is the same. I was just pointing out that living with one, doesn't make either of us knowledgeable about the other. No compassion? It was compassion that compelled me to reply to your post in the first place. Compassion for the poster original poster that is scared, uneducated and certainly with some emotional issues.

Am I Infected? It's a question that burns in the minds of people when they are here. It's not a rational time. It doesn't help that the paranoia and fear this disease can generate attracts those with mental isses that already hinder clear judgement. But for every answer given with patience and good science, even to someone deemed a lost cause, another, that never let's their prescence known takes comfort in the words they read.

I know so much on here seems irrational and easy to make light of. I have done it myself. But I really try to remember that we are all just trying to find our way and fight our own demons the best we can.

You're smart. You can be an asset here. You have a good heart. Stay and learn.

KayCee
Regular

#209427 - 10/01/06 07:43 PM

Hi Anon,
I should not have judged you like that. You are compassionate. I had no right to say you aren't. I see that the poster is scared and a lot of people, myself included, are afraid of the HIV virus. You are right that living with one illness does not make us knowledgeable about the other. I guess I am just trying to understand is all about this illness as well as the Lupus.

I will read the posts and hopefully get more educated about this illness. Kathleen

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4664

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3