Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Smalltown

Reged: 08/15/01
Recent exposure Question
      #20887 - 08/15/01 05:39 PM

First of all this board has really helped me manage to make it through this last week. I have read alot of useful information and have determined my worst fear, that I did have a moderate to high risk HIV exposure.

Before I go on let me say that I knew better then all of this but for some reason logic slipped my mind. My story is basically of anonomous man to man sex and without my knowledge of my partner's HIV status.

Here is the story. He fingered me for quite a while, then inserted some toys, I also performed oral sex on him, and he penetrated me without a condom for about 20 seconds, there was also some heavy kissing going on. Here is what scares me...after he left I discovered a band-aid on the night stand that he had left. There was no blood on the band-aid, and he washed his hands a couple times during the course of the incident. Could he have given me HIV through the cut on his hand?

Today is the 11th day after possible exposure and I am scared completly. I have had a sore throat that has gotten progressivly worse since about the 4 day after possible exposure. Not a bad sore throat just kind of sore at times. It feels like my sore throat is going down my neck. Also, tonsils have been a little inflamed, and right below my ears are hurting some. No swelling though.

I have a home access test ordered and it should be here by Friday. I am planning on waiting for the 28 day window to expire then taking the test. If it is negative I am planning on testing once a month for the next two months, then again at 6 months.

Okay, so what is my risk here? I have the guy's email address and would be able to ask him his status. However, there is no gurantee he would be honest, or if he would even respond.

Any response would be welcome.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Recent exposure Question new
      #20891 - 08/15/01 06:06 PM

that is a high risk exposure even if he didn't ejaculate inside you pre cum is contagious also blood is HIGHLY contagous.
I would test.

Your Friend
Unregistered

Re: Help me Oops or Jackie Blue new
      #20893 - 08/15/01 06:15 PM

Why do you post a stupid answer like that? Who you are? Why are you here? to scare people.

A very high risk could be if he knows that their partner is HIV positive.

Please, where is people like Oops or Jackie Blue to help me to say this better. As I know, due to my experience and my time here in this forum, its hard to get this virus. I dont mean that its not possible but the possibilities with only a exposure are small. What I mean to say to this worried friend is to be calm, take the time to meditate, go to a doctor, tell him all the thruth and take the test now and then if you want at 3 months from the expossure. After that you could go and make a very happy life.

You are now in my list of prayers and you are not HIV+

God bless you and good luck

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20894 - 08/15/01 06:21 PM

Try not to stress out too much, all you can do is take the tests and go about your life. Don't worry about the symptoms, the mind can play all sorts of games. I have seen people on this board for almost 2 years now that have all sorts of things going on and end up negative.

Take care,

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20895 - 08/15/01 06:53 PM

did you know that sex toys loosen up your insides and make HIV easier to invade ones body ?

Your Friend
Unregistered

#20897 - 08/15/01 07:06 PM

Yes, but for the infection there are many factors involved:

1) The other guy must be infected
2) There must be a fluids contact (mainly blood with blood)
3) There must be enough viral load in the fluid in order to infect the other guy
4) There must be a open wound with a lot of blood

I keep my answer as I posted earlier: go to a doctor and ask him all your doubts, take the test and keep faith. I know you are not infected.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20904 - 08/15/01 07:53 PM

There's no way to sugar coat this - the described behavior was risky. BUT, 4 days post-possible-exposure is pretty early for ARS symptoms - that's probably not the cause of the sore throat. What IS a *POSSIBLE* cause of the sore throat is gonorrhea, chlamydia, or some of the other more typical, easier-to-get STDs. Then again, it could be plain old tonsillitis - your doctor can tell you.

Smalltown, you need to go see your doctor. If you can't see your regular doctor, then go somewhere where you CAN see a doctor. Test for the standard, run-of-the-mill STDs now, and talk to that professional about HIV testing. If you can afford it, take a Qualitative PCR DNA test at 28 days for an accurate indicator of your HIV status; it will probably be an out-of-pocket expense; it will probably cost several hundred dollars; it should be conclusive 28 or more days past your possible exposure.

You need to get in touch with your partner and ask him about this. I wouldn't worry too much about the band-aid, since you saw no blood... and fingering just doesn't pose much risk anyway (can you say "0 documented cases?" *I* can...)

Use a condom.

Friend
Unregistered

#20905 - 08/15/01 09:10 PM

I agree with Your Friend, take it easy and try to relax. I know is going to be a litle hard but you have to try (mind plays a lot of games).

People here a searching for help, not anweres that are not 100% accurate. Your Friend at least is 95% accureate.

Take care and good luck.

Your Friend
Unregistered

#20907 - 08/15/01 10:22 PM

Please Smalltown, keep us informed about you and your tests. We are worried not by statistics or risks but about human beings. We can give you support.

Once again I tell you, you are not infected but take the test its only a procedure you must follow in order to get your life back and your mental health.

God bless you

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20941 - 08/16/01 02:58 PM

Back so soon Oops :)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20947 - 08/16/01 06:06 PM

And who said a prophet is never recognized in his own town.....

just passin' through.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20980 - 08/17/01 11:49 AM

i am in a similar boat as you...i pray we may both be neg.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2683

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3