Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Weak Tests & Window Period Myths
      #208553 - 09/25/06 08:12 PM

I don't care what the supposed experts say. All I know is what happened to me. I had a stupid, first time unprotected sexual encounter in early February. Two weeks later it all began. It started with feverish/flush of the face, neck and head. Then tiredness and fatigue started a week later. All of these continued and then an intense flu-like illness happened 2.5 months after the encounter. The swollen glands in the groin, underarm and neck continued throughout starting about a month after the encounter and are still with me now. The latest incident was an ear ache that lasted for 2.5 weeks.... I have NEVER had an ear ache before in my entuire life.

I am someone who had 3 sick days in 15 years of work and now my health is in the dumps and it all happened after one encounter. I have taken the tests several times out to 6 months but the tests can't find the virus. Unfortunately I am convinced that I am one of those people that cause the CDC to say: "if symptoms persist, continue to test beyond 6 months". I have had no sexual encounters since the incident!

I'll tell you one thing: I would feel a lot more reassured with these tests if there was any sort of documentation regarding this supposed window period. There is almost none, just some outdated studies with small sample sizes is all I can find. This is crazy. Why isn't the data more concrete and why do these tests stink so badly? Why can't someone like me who has a one time event get an accurate take on my status instead of vague testing guidelines?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Weak Tests & Window Period Myths new
      #208568 - 09/25/06 11:09 PM

oh poor baby has a ear ache gaa gaa goo goo

Anonymous
Unregistered

#208580 - 09/26/06 01:38 AM

Well how do you know you have HIV ? what did your doctor say and just go and talk to the girl that you had sex with and see what shes got going on ok, so tell her your story and say she should get tested, also if what you say is true then post the proof ok because dont worry people unless oyu have the proof

mpo131
Unregistered

#208616 - 09/26/06 09:07 AM

A test at six months is CONCLUSIVE- in every sense of the word. Ongoing symptoms of suspected HIV infection would be along the lines of pneumonia, constant diareaha, shingles, long lasting herpes outbreaks, etc. Not an earache.
Feverish, flush in the face is the number one symptom of a panic attack and prolonged stress and anxiety. ARS, if it happens at all, occurs an average of 12 -15 days after infection, not 75 days.
Your reoccuring illnesses are brought on by prolonged guilt, shame, stress, depression, and/or anxiety decreasing the effectiveness of your immune system.
Instead of looking up HIV sites for your symptoms, how about researching what effects prolonged stress has on your immune system.
FYI, doctors only test out to six months because of people like you, ---they know if an individual is truly infected, they will have at least a positive elisa by six weeks.
GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE! HIV is not your concern.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#208758 - 09/27/06 12:48 AM

I'm trying. I just wish I felt well again! :(

Thanks for your response....

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4178

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3