Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

what's stopping me from getting tested
      #208361 - 09/24/06 07:14 PM

I know that I need to get an HIV test to relieve the worry and stress I've had all summer from lymph node and gastro symtpoms. I've not been able to go through with it because I have a horrid ex-husband that cannot find out. 5 years ago he fought me for custody of our son and lost. My son is 10-1/2. If I had to go on medicine or got sick or if it were obvious to my ex that I had HIV he would fight again to take my son. Can you lose custody of your children if you have HIV? Is this ever a fear of anyone?. Everytime I think about making an appointment and taking responsiblity for this overwhelming fear, the thought of losing my son paralyzes me. Any advice from you very kind people would be appreciated.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: what's stopping me from getting tested new
      #208362 - 09/24/06 07:49 PM

Devils Advocate advise - Do you wish to loose your son because you let hiv run its course and you developed an OI and let that take him from you? HIV is not a sentence to loose your son... It is however serious if you are postive and do not know it...

Best

polywog
All Star

Reged: 07/30/06
Loc: toronto
      #208379 - 09/24/06 10:09 PM

you could get tested anonomously, if your worst fears come true and you test poz,you can go on meds and live symptom free for a long long time, plenty of time for your son to grow up, and HIV is not a tool for an ex to take your child away from you - my best advice would be for you to see a counsellor at a local AIDS network in your city - just go talk to someone , a counsellor will tell you the truth about legal matters and current treatment that will help you live without this fear - good luck and please update how you are doing/

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #208428 - 09/25/06 08:57 AM

you are, stopping you....

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

walkerbd

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: mauritius
      #208460 - 09/25/06 01:09 PM

Hello,

I totally sympathise with you, I need to take the test soon and its scaring me witless. The only thing I can say is that you need to do it, either to put your mind at rest(and what a relief that would be to you) or to establish your positive condition and plan the next move to deal with it. I,m no expert but it seems to me you have to find out, for your own future health. Living in limbo is hell.
Take the test and let us all know, and good luck

walkerbd

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1322

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3