Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

6 month test negative
      #20814 - 08/14/01 04:35 PM

Praise be to God for his mercy and compassion!
My 6 month test was negative. Thank you all for all of your thoughts and prayers! It has been a horrible time but the peace given to me by my Lord Jesus has helped to make it survivable. I had every symptom I read about. I had diarreah,headaches,floaters, a swollen lymphnode, joint pain, sore throats etc..........
The point is that most if not all of these can be attributed to stress. There are conditions known as hysterical blindness and false pregnancy where the mind makes the body think it is blind or pregnant due to the thoughts and fears of the person. What I'm trying to say is your mind and body can lie to you! Don't let symptoms convince you that you have HIV take a test at 3 weeks and again at 3 months to be sure. A 6 month test is not necassary for anything else but your own peace of mind. I talked to several people at the CDC and the consensus is that the 6 month test is a formality. They eluded to me that they believe a 3 month test is definative but they have to say 6 months due to governmental regulations.
Take care of yourselves and try not to worry too much. Listen to the advice given and try to rationally think about it. It wasn't easy for me to do but hopefully my experianced will make it easy for some one else. I have lost 6 months of my life to fear don't make the same mistake I did Please!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Unregistered

Re: 6 month test negative new
      #20819 - 08/14/01 05:32 PM

thats great news! I agree you can't go by the symptoms seems everyone who ever comes here has some kind of symptoms but always test negative.

Your Friend
Unregistered

#20823 - 08/14/01 07:00 PM

Congratulations. Im happy again to hear this news.

Keep safe

God bless you

JO1
Unregistered

#20830 - 08/14/01 10:11 PM

Great to hear about you test results! I am going to get tested tommorow at six weeks from my exposure(unprotected sex with promiscious girl, i know dumb) and hopefully It will bring some relief, I never had thought about HIV untill now and the stress is NOT WORTH IT. I believe that everyone in this forum will live a life free of HIV because of our intense concern and obviously because we will never make the same mistake again!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20832 - 08/14/01 10:16 PM

Well said JO1. I know my exposure (low risk, receiving unprotected oral sex with someone whose status I did ot know) has really opened my eyes about HIV. You are right, the stress is NOT worth it to ourselves or our loved ones. It is an experience that I NEVER want to go through again and I never will. I learned my lesson. And I think everyone here will do the same.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20861 - 08/15/01 09:58 AM

I am so very glad for you...use your experiance of 6 months of fear to always remember...the sex is simply not worth the possible results.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2356

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3