Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Reason-2-fear
Unregistered

HIV via infected food!
      #207246 - 09/15/06 12:14 AM

Dear Experts,

I have some trouble, I need your help.

Although you establish that HIV could transmit in three ways: Unprotected sexual intercourse, used syringes, and blood transfusion ..But I have one question:

Could HIV transmis via contaminated food ? When I was having lunch in the restaurant, and I went to toilet, left my food uncared, as I went back, the waiter said that there was a man who looked very... suspicious, he came near my table and maybe put something into my bowl. The waiter advised me not to take the food, but I ate the whole bowl....

If the man intentionaly tried to put some HIV infected blood into my bowl and I ate that bowl right away, could this situation put me at a risk? Does HIV live outside the body for more than 3-5 seconds ? And Could the food kill HIV ?I do not mention the effectiveness of saliva in my mouth because when I was at home and looked at the mirror, I realised that I have some rotten teeth ? IF HIV was still alive and brought into my mouth, I was scared to death since HIV could transmiss via my rotten teeth....

PLS explaine this to me, thanks alot in advance!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV via infected food! new
      #207250 - 09/15/06 12:33 AM

you are either fat or homeless ..........if you are so fucking concern about HIV why did you eat it????? and yeh you ARE infected with HIV, this is the most common way to get HIV........so no neet to get tested ...just trust my words,and wait for death

Reason-2-fear
Unregistered

#207253 - 09/15/06 12:56 AM

SOrry, I need your advance, not insult me that way...

I have basic knowledge about HIV but this makes me so scared since I have rotten teeth..If the waiter did not tell me, life is more beautiful.

You are so cruel!

Reason-2-fear
Unregistered

#207254 - 09/15/06 12:56 AM

SOrry, I need your help, not insult me that way...

I have basic knowledge about HIV but this makes me so scared since I have rotten teeth..If the waiter did not tell me, life is more beautiful.

You are so cruel!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#207256 - 09/15/06 01:07 AM

There are alot of dicks on this site, they say im a very big nut andf tht i need to get a life, i dont understand why you ate the food ? well i dont think your at serious risk because i dont think he put blood in your bowl and didnt the waiter see what he did ? where are you from ? because i thought i sat on a needle awhile back but i didnt see the needle but i still felt a weird pinch but yeha i dont think youw ould be at risk and i dont know why someone would put blood in soup. the man could of been homeless or something but give me more detail about the situationa nd i can give you a conclusive answer

Reason-2-fear
Unregistered

#207268 - 09/15/06 03:56 AM

Thanks alot for being so helpful!

I am from Thailand and I am a student....U know, givin up that meal is not easy for me, because I love that food! ANd the food was expensive, that was my favor food, too.

I was not worried much about the warnings of the waiter, because I have been taught from the school that sharing food is not a risk of getting HIV, and there are only limitted ways of catching HIV, but when I realised that I have some rotten teeth, my anxiety is gettin best of me...

I only tell you that when I went back to the table, the waiter warned me, then I had about 3-5 senconds, I put some pepper, salt in to my bowl, then I ate. I hope that 5 seconds were enough for the virus to die....MY be, my food killed HIV...?I have read that HIV can not live outside the body for a few seconds ? RIGHT ?

PLS sit with me and give me the right answer....

Anonymous
Unregistered

#207273 - 09/15/06 07:10 AM

HIV in your food or not, you were not at risk.

Once again this type of thing doesn't meet the critera for a valid way for HIV to be transmitted.

I really think someone was playing a mind game on you and no blood was put in your food. I don't know about the resturants in Thailand, but here in the US, you better bet I'd be complaining to a manager if a waiter said that to me.

Even if what you think might have happened, did happen, it puts you at no risk for HIV.

The virus would have met with air, extreme temps, saliva and stomach acids.

Even the risk from taking semen directly into your mouth carries only a very low risk. You situation is so much more less than that. You also need to realize that in 25 years no one, that's, NO ONE has ever become infected from food.

Relax. You did not become infected.

Reason-2-fear
Unregistered

#207594 - 09/18/06 04:12 AM

Thanks a lot for your reply,

I am very grateful to your kindness!

But in that meal, I also drank a cup of iced- white coffice, Is this different from a bowl of food ? I am a little afraid since the temperature, stuff, .,.. in a cup of iced- white coffice was not deadful to HIV...

IF HIV infected blood in a cup of iced- white coffice,Are 1-2 seconds enough to kill off HIV ? HIV died right off in the cup of iced- white coffice ?

PLS answer me, thanks a lot, EXPERTS,

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7241

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3