Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Jeremy4
Unregistered

I'd rather live their lives
      #207223 - 09/14/06 07:58 PM

After looking through all of these posts about "I have this symptom, and this symptom and I think I may have HIV!" I thought that I would go ahead and just say that 99% of you people who are POSITIVE you have HIV do not have it.
Actually if I had the choice of being infected with HIV or being paranoid about possibly having HIV. I'd take HIV in a heartbeat. It's plain ignorant to sulk all day about possibly having a disease that cannot be cured. Think of all the time spent looking at Internet webpages or worrying in the dark under your covers at night.
Hell, life is way too short to waste it on such trivial things.
My advice to all of you is to live life. Don't let a measily virus run the show. And if you're that worried about HIV, how about putting this time your wasting to use and find a cure.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I'd rather live their lives new
      #207231 - 09/14/06 09:32 PM

hehehe.

I've always been grateful that I don't seem to be afflicted with all their various illness. I might have HIV, but I certainly seem healthier, happier and more sane than about 95% of the worried well.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#207232 - 09/14/06 09:33 PM

I worry when i gbet home but i still go to college and hang with friends, film wildlife and do my ordinary stuff but like is aid in my past post its a computer, in person it doesnt sound as bad and to say youde rather havge the virus tht kills you well hiv you casnt beat because sooner or later it till take a toll ony ou so in a way its alot worst then cancer man so dont say youde like to have the virus because there are people tht have it and have a day to dsay stureggle with this regretting asnd wishing they didnt have it so if were all a ocd then thts because we all love life and want to make a difference and help people

Anonymous
Unregistered

#207233 - 09/14/06 09:35 PM

What are you talking about you might have it, who are you, and do you think you have it or do you knopw for sure

Anonymous
Unregistered

#207274 - 09/15/06 07:17 AM

Who am I?
Who are you?

Since you have a problem with my word choice. I'll reword it. I do have HIV. I thought that MIGHT have been clear from
the general sound of the post.

"I've always been grateful that I don't seem to be afflicted with all their various illness. I might have HIV, but I certainly seem healthier, happier and more sane than about 95% of the worried well."

Personally, I don't think the sentence flows as well now. That better?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#207404 - 09/16/06 07:45 AM

jeremy,
thanks for your honesty, and your point of view. unfortunatelly you are hiz poz, and i am glad you have come to terms to be ok, actually happy abou it. for some...like me, just the thought about it makes us lose our minds.
and yes, we can seems crazy, obsesive, and sometimes stupidly worry, but it is our inner care taker that drive us to worry as much. for sure, we will not like to get infected, and some of us will have a very diferent view if we become infected.

that does not make you more sane, or a better person.
whatever the reasons you have for getting infected, i am sure you came to terms to acept them, and deal with them. some others can not accept the fact.

anyways, my point is, no one here deserve to be call names, or treated unfairly cause their worry minds, unfortunatelly for you it took hiv to see life diferent and maybe in a better positive way, some of us just need just to be scared of it to keep us straight, out of trouble, healthy.

i hope i was not rude.
thanks.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#207406 - 09/16/06 08:12 AM

errr...Jeremy wasn't the one that said he was HIV+. It was me.

"unfortunatelly you are hiz poz, and i am glad you have come to terms to be ok, actually happy abou it. "

Happy about it? I'd rather not have HIV, but I don't see any point in being depressed the rest of my life because of it. I was a happy person before, why should that change?

"some of us just need just to be scared of it to keep us straight, out of trouble, healthy"

Your thinking is interesting. You are saying that the only way you can control yourself is to scare the s*it out of yourself? Seems a bit odd. Wouldn't a more measured approach that included educating yourself about HIV in a sensible manner make more sense?

"it took hiv to see life diferent and maybe in a better positive way,"

I just love it when a WW that has no actual experience with Living with HIV tries to analyze how my life changed or didn't change. Remember you aren't HIV+, but I was once where you were. I have the same experience of being concerned about my status. Having to test and wait for the results. The difference between us is the result of that test.

"some of us will have a very diferent view if we become infected."

Had to ask this one. Just how do you know what your view will be? No one knows how they will react to most situations until it happens. Do you know how you will react if a car was coming at you head on? You think you do, but would it be the reality at the time?

When you look at my life or Mr. Needles. Yeah, I'm a whole lot more sane. He's a classic case of what irrational, uncontrolled worry over HIV will do to you. The FEAR of HIV will screw up a life faster and more completely than HIV ever will.

E

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1831

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3