Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Cali_boy
Unregistered

Am I Infected?
      #206977 - 09/12/06 09:51 PM

Hey i recently had sex with my gf a little over a month ago. While brushing my teeth one night i noticed that the toothpaste foam that you spit out, was orange. I noticed that it was a mix of blood from my mouth and the toothpaste. It turned out that the blood was coming from my cheek. I thought the toothpaste was irritating me, so i quickly changed toothpaste. After changing my toothpaste it never happened again. I aslo have caught the flu. And i read aroud that some symptoms of HIV are flu like symptoms. And this has gotten me real worried. My gf tested for HIV before, but this was two years ago, and she came out negative. She has not had sex with anyone but me. She was also my first and only sex partner. This may sound stupid but i am really scared. Or could all this be from the guilt, that my gf and I chose to have an abortion?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
notsosmart
Regular

Reged: 08/10/06
Re: Am I Infected? new
      #206991 - 09/13/06 12:24 AM

I think your bloody spit is not an issue, perhaps you just have excessivly brushed your gumline. If you are each others first and only partners, unless you were born with HIV or have used IV drugs, or a blood transfusion in the 80s to mid 90s you are not in any danger. Guilt can cause a lot of mental and physical problems. The only you will know is to get tested, symptoms that are flu like can be caused by anything ie the flu. when it comes to HIV, symptoms dont mean anything.

Good luck, God Bless

M

Anonymous
Unregistered

#207003 - 09/13/06 01:51 AM

Try not to obsess over it. If it will put your mind at ease just go get tested and have her go as well. I spent many a sleepless nite driving myself literally to the point of physical sickness (flu like symptoms, vomiting, headache) being worried about HIV. I tested negative. So really don't stress yourself about nothing. I have had an abortion in the past too and it's natural to have some guilt. Just don't let it eat you up. It's over. You can't change it and you must have both decided it was for the best. If it's bothering you that bad see a grief counseler, I did and he helped me look at things logically and realistically. Good luck. You will be fine :)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#207011 - 09/13/06 05:02 AM

NOT SO SMART:

How can you tell someone who is having UNPROTECTED sex that they aren't in any danger? You certainly are living up to your name.

Cali -

It's good that your gf tested negative 2 years ago, but that just means she was negative then. I'm not trying to send you over the edge, because I think you will find that you are negative, but you MUST realize that the only way you should be going without condoms is when a couple is in a mutual exclusive relationship and they have gone together to get tested for ALL STD'S. Then and only then is it safe to get rid of the condoms.

Nothing you related in terms of symptoms sounds like HIV, but you should test 3 months after your last unprotected encounter. I'm guessing that you will find that you are negative. Protect that and use condoms from now on.

notsosmart
Regular

Reged: 08/10/06
      #207093 - 09/13/06 11:07 PM

The reason I had made the statement was because he said they had not had any other sexual partners ever. I you look closely, I listed his potential risks, if he was not involved in any of the risk factors listed, he could not have been exposed to hiv, please read his initial post and see if you understand my comment.

Good luck, God Bless

M

Cali_Boy
Unregistered

#207096 - 09/14/06 01:18 AM

Thanks alot for the answers. I am going tomorrow to get a HIV test as well as a full psyhical. I planned to stay away from sex, for awhile until i feel like i am ready for it. I took this as a learning lesson. From now on I am going to be alot less careless. I am going to think before i act. Hopefully all goes well, i'll post the results when they come out.

dogbert
Unregistered

#207098 - 09/14/06 01:28 AM

hey Anonymous, I can see what NSS is saying, if they are in a exclusive relationship, and are each others only sex partners, with the situations he posted, plese show where the hiv risk comes in? unless of course they are not being honest with each other, but with the past events, I would think they would be past that point with each other.

dogbert
Unregistered

#207099 - 09/14/06 01:28 AM

hey Anonymous, I can see what NSS is saying, if they are in a exclusive relationship, and are each others only sex partners, with the situations he posted, plese show where the hiv risk comes in? unless of course they are not being honest with each other, but with the past events, I would think they would be past that point with each other.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2202

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3