Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Question on White cell count
      #206762 - 09/11/06 11:08 AM

Thanks in advance for your help. I had on June 12 a risk of exposure. But I have a question on the blood count if anyone can help.

June 12 Possible exposure
July 13 got sick 2 days of fever and swolen throat
July 27 went to Doctor and did a blood test

From the time of exposure and the time i went to the doc it was 6 1/2 weeks later. I still could not swallow. The white cell count came back normal.

If I was infected how would this effect my white cell count? I heard it would be low or even higher if infected. Is this true? Is there a time period if infected that it would vary?

On friday i plan to get tested. But just wanted to get info on this. In total I was sick on and of for about six weeks with flu like symptoms.

Thanks so much for your help!!!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Question on White cell count new
      #206807 - 09/11/06 04:06 PM

I believe once you are infected during the ARS your White cell counts drop, and then after awhile come back up again.

again dont go by symptoms or WBC counts to diagnose hiv, WBC counts change by the hour, WBC can be increased due to stress alone.. so dont think too much about WBC count now.

just go in for a standard HIV test and come out with an answer that is accurate.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Question on White cell count new
      #206896 - 09/12/06 10:43 AM

Well this is the WBC debate again. Alot of times during initial infection WBC count will rise or fall. Many times they rise reguardless of what the others post here. Your WBC also rise during bacterial infection. Six weeks after and infection your body could have fought off the infection and all counts would be normal.
As far as you still have a sore throat who knows; could be a lingering infection, could be strep etc.
You do not post you exposure risk so just wait for the test results good luck D.J.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2188

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3