Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
IndianMale
Unregistered

Please help - Am I infected ? - (first post)
      #205940 - 09/03/06 11:12 AM

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate if you could read through my story below and tell me if i still have a probability of getting HIV!

I am 28 male from India.I am a heterosexual.Here are the points that are worrying me:-

In early 2000 i had sex with a prostitute without a condom.In 2004 i had sex with a prostitute with a condom but she bled heavily on the condom.From 2004 to 8th April 2006 i had sex with different prostitutes but all incidents were protected with a condom and lasted around 2 to 5 minutes.i got tested for HIV and hepatitis on 24th May 2006 (after approx 7 weeks from 8th April)from two different clinics and the results were

ImmunoBlot = negative
MEIA = negative
EIA = negative.

The lab techinician told me that these tests will cover even if i had an exposure 14 days back. My concerns are :-

The condoms that i have used on prostitutes were all supplied by them.Now what if those condoms were expired or were kept in conditions not suitable for their storage e.g. heat etc. can the risk of getting HIV increase by using such condoms?i am also worried about the quality of the condoms.Does the risk of getting HIV increase by using inferiror condoms? How good is my test which i got on 24th May 2006?I want to go ahead and test again.when should be the right time?

I dont have any History of homosexual relations and IV drug abuse.

Thanks for all your help.Although i am posting under "Anonymous" i am a first time poster so please help me.

Love u all !

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Please help - Am I infected ? - (first post) new
      #205944 - 09/03/06 12:41 PM

Your test conclusivally shows that you did not get infected from your one and only unprotected encounter that was back in 2000.

The other instances were protected and are not considered risky.

Congrats on your negative status.

Expert
Unregistered

#205948 - 09/03/06 01:21 PM

Relax Max. U r conclusively HIV negative!! The prostitude supplied u with the condom to protect herself, not to protect u! As long as the condom did not fail and was used properly from start to finish, u CANNOT get HIV, even if the condom was expired. My advice is, stay away from prositutes and u will keep ur negative status!!

IndianMale
Unregistered

#205951 - 09/03/06 01:33 PM

Hi Anonymous/Expert,

Thanks for your prompt replies.
Shall i go in for another test ? The reason i say this is i occasionally get itching in the groin area. What about other STDs do i need to worry about them.

Thanks!

Love u all !

Anonymous
Unregistered

#205954 - 09/03/06 02:23 PM

You should be having a full STD panel once a year as part of your routine health care. Other STD's are much easier to get.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1164

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3