Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Could I have infected my girl??
      #20586 - 08/08/01 05:36 PM

HI All.
About 5 1/2 months ago I received unprotected oral sex from an hiv unknown. I waited patiently patiently and tested negative for hiv at both 4 weeks and 19 weeks. SIGH of RELIEF. Before the 19 week test I cam down with what I think was a bad cold for about 3 weeks Swollen nodes, stuffy nose, headache, cough, sore throat, major phlegm. Anyway just this week my girlfriend now is experiencing a sore throat, cough, etc. Is it possible I am the late seroconverter and have infected her? OR does it sound like she simply has a cold and probably cought it from me? All of you have helped me in the past and I would really appreciate what you all think? should I get hiv out of my head already? Oh I have had no other risky encounters in case anybody needs to know.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Your Friend
Unregistered

Re: Could I have infected my girl?? new
      #20588 - 08/08/01 05:47 PM

Its very hard to get HIV from a single oral sex experience. Then you have the fact that your test was negative twice (one of this ocassions after the window period recommended here in my country, Mexico and maybe the same window period CDC is recommending in the USA).

Go ask your doctor, I think you are well and not infected but maybe he could help you more to take this obsessive testing and retesting issue that many of us have in this forum. Based on yours doctor info decide a last test date and forgett about this issue forever. Avoid further risks.

Keep us informed of your experience, it may help many of us here.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20595 - 08/08/01 08:38 PM

dear "friend" it's very hard to get hiv from a single oral experience? Try there has NEVER been a case of transmission by receiving oral sex. It isn't easy to get hiv from a single sex experience period (anal/vaginal) the receiver is at a higher risk.
in fact his doctor should hav etold him no testing was needed if that was the only possible exposure.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20609 - 08/08/01 10:33 PM

The fact that you tested negative at 19 weeks is a clear indication that you are not HIV+. in fact a negative 3 month test indicates a negative status but 19 weeks is a plus.

Your Friend
Unregistered

#20623 - 08/09/01 03:05 AM

Sorry, that's exactly what I want to say. (please understand that english is not my first language)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20629 - 08/09/01 09:53 AM

I think you do just fine with English.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1604

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3