Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Ryan
Unregistered

Stressed
      #20533 - 08/07/01 07:28 PM

I had a risky sexual encounter just over 2 weeks ago.About a week ago I started to develop abdominal pain,which seems to be getting more noticeable.The pain im experiencing seems to be dull and ongoing.Please can you tell me if this could be a possible sign of early Hiv infection.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Oops
Unregistered

Re: Stressed new
      #20539 - 08/07/01 07:56 PM

Nope - what you describe is NOT a symptom associated with early HIV infection. It could be some other uglies, though. Suggestion: GO TO A DOCTOR, be it your regular doctor or someone else. Describe your situation, describe the encounter, accept whatever recommendations they make to you. Take whatever tests they recommend.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20540 - 08/07/01 08:01 PM

Thanx for the response,I'll contact my doctor as soon as possible.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20560 - 08/08/01 09:25 AM

Dear Ryan:

The exact symptom you describe is not associated with HIV. However, hepatitis strains do sometimes present symptoms such as abdominal pain. Hep C is most common in this symptom. Where is the pain centralized in the abdomen? Please keep in mind, hepatitis C is very common among the American population and like HIV many people are unaware they are infected. This typically is caught by engaging in sexual activity with someone who is infected, but does require blood to blood exposure. I recommend you see a physician for his/her insights. Although Hep C does not have a vaccine currently new medications are available that treat the disease successfully. Good luck

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1223

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3