Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
SCARED SICK
Unregistered

ARS symptoms, scared to death, please answer
      #205121 - 08/27/06 08:57 PM

I have really been living a nightmare for the past 3 months, i posted in a couple of websites, but would like the feedback from the knowledgable people here. I am gonna make this short.
The exposures(3 to 4 times) prolonged french kissing, mutual masterbation (twice)with a girl of unknown status (but a high risk group) , i have periodontal disease and chronic gingivitis but no bleeding, her mouth was healthy as i checked it. I inserted 2 to 3 fingers deep inside her for long time and rubbed vigorously, i was careful not to touch my penis with the same hand,i washed right after.
I wouldnt have worried about it, but got symptoms after 2 weeks.
Sore throat, difficulty swallowing,diarrhea,loss of appetite, 10 pounds weight loss, sever abdominal pain and tenderness over my liver and spleen area.also white tongue , also 2 or 3 times woke up with night sweats and had chills. that lasted 2 weeks, i saw a doc around that time but never mentioned my concerns, she gave me a z pack and thats about it. she said my throat looked normal and i had no swollen nodes in my neck.
after these symptoms resolved (which is by the way the worst flu like sickness i ever had) i started having pain in my axillary lymph nodes, still neck tightness and muscle pains on and off, also on and off pain/strange discomfort in my groin. that lasted 2 weeks, then after 4 weeks of the initial symptoms (6 weeks after exposure) had a swollen lymph node in my neck (under my left ear on the jaw line, and one on the right side that was smaller, they have been there for almost 7 weeks now, also i am feeling other several nodes in my neck swollen , no lumps in groin, but my armpit still hurts from time to time.
I am now convinced I cotracted HIV ,i had every symptom in the book ARS and swollen nodes, i also went to a planned parenthood to get tested, the doctor told me i didnt need HIV testing, he did CBC, CMP and syphylis, which all came back negative. I know symptoms are not reliable to diagnose hiv, but comeon, this cant all be a co incidence!! i also failed to mention having mouth/canker sores (4 of them at a time) in my mouth and my upper gum.
Now , i will go get tested coz i know i got it, everyone still tells me , symptoms dont mean anything, noone ever got it from kissing or mutual masterbation, not even with gingivitis, bla bla, am i suppose to believe all those people? or believe my symptoms!! I am going crazy as i have a family that will be destroyed if i found out i am infected. I have been getting a lot of support online from the folks on healingwell, aidsmeds, also Dr. BOb and Dr. H on medhelp told me no risk , so as all the folks on hw and aidsmeds, but I am really really scared and cant even imagine being infected. am I really sick? or there si something else goin on? is it mono? what about those nodes that are swollen? it is weird that they didnt swell when i had my intial symptoms, but they still swoll in the 6 weeks mark post exposure, which is not so far from the typical ARS timing. I am scared ,freaked out and numb. I dont know what to do.someone please give me advice...thanx

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SCAREDSAILOR
Unregistered

Re: ARS symptoms, scared to death, please answer new
      #205154 - 08/28/06 03:46 AM

WASSSUP MAN, I THINK YOU HAVE ALREADY ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION...YOU SAID THAT SYMPTOMS DONT MEAN ANYTHING..SO THE BEST THING TO DO IS GET TESTED.......I DONT HAVE ANY ROOM TO TALK HERE BUDDY..

I FOR ONE SUFFERED SO CALLED ARS SYMPTOMS. AND TODAY, I FOUND OUT MY 8 WEEK RESULT AND IT WAS NEGATIVE....IM HAPPY BUT NOT TOO HAPPY... BECAUSE IM NOT OFF THE HOOK YET:( THE SO CALLED WINDOW PERIOD IS THREE MONTHS FOR A CLOSE TO CONCLUSIVE RESULT...SO WERE BOTH ON THE SAME BOAT ON THIS...
AS OF NOW I STILL THINK I HAVE HIV...THE ONLY THING THAT GETS ME THRU EVRYDAY IS PEOPLE IN THIS SITE WILLING TO LISTEN, SUPPORT AND JUST BE THERE FOR ME.... MY JOURNEY AINT DONE YET! SO YOUR NOT ALONE ON THIS....GOODLUCK AND ILL BE PRAYIN FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TONIGHT...I REALLY HOPE ITS JUST A COLD!! TAKE CARE MAN!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#205157 - 08/28/06 04:19 AM

I bet the other web sites told you that you had no risk from french kissing and mutual masterbation and that is not how HIV is transmitted.

They were right.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#205206 - 08/28/06 11:03 AM

Dont bother getting tested.....you cant get HIV that way. No risk move on to find out what your medical problem is but it isnt hiv.

SCARED SICK
Unregistered

#205214 - 08/28/06 11:58 AM

So u really think I have hope?

scaredsailor
Unregistered

#205253 - 08/28/06 05:38 PM

hope! cmon man! i managed to come up with a neg result in 8 weeks.... thats like goodnews for me, and i know anybody would do anything to be in the position where im at right now...i mean, it aint full proof yet but its just something to smile about.... and you ask me what do i think...im not an expert or a doctor... but a test can only determine your status...as far as hope is concerned, evrybody has hope with or without hiv... the advances in medecine is far greater from what it was 10 years ago....my advice is dont stress about it because stress can do a lot of things to your body...or maybe even start so called ARS symtoms...

one guy even told me that, if by any chance i was hiv+...its not a death sentence, its not a walk in the park but he actually can walk in the park evryday and live...this is the stuff that keeps me thinkin straight...you can say, i was expecting for the worse but ready to live a positive and optimistic life, if you know what i mean:) take care dude!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3542

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3