Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Syntoms without Elisa test positive
      #205082 - 08/27/06 07:54 AM

I have been reading some texts and i have read lots of times that there are people with HIV, that remain soronegative for long periods without Elisa tests get positive.
I don´t understand well, but is there any reason for this to occur, is there any justificacion???
Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Syntoms without Elisa test positive new
      #205083 - 08/27/06 08:32 AM

What you are reading must be written by people that are HIV negative and don't believe it.

If you have a negative result on the ELISA at 3 months or more, then you simply don't have HIV. If you are concerned about certain 'symptoms' then you need to see your doctor in order to determine what is the cause.

Many people think their symptoms are caused by HIV, totally overlooking the fact there are NO specific symptoms to HIV, so if their test is negative they need to be looking into other causes. That goes for you also if you have already tested negative.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#205113 - 08/27/06 07:22 PM

In rare cases a person might not produce antibody or have a rare strain that will not be picked up by a regular antibody test. An example would be hiv1 and hiv2. The test are indeed accurate in detection antibody if present.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#205151 - 08/28/06 03:33 AM

First off some of you are wrong and yes im the paranoid IV needle dude that thought he might of sat on one but yehha they have had cases before where ppl didnt produce antibodies but the thing is thats all they said in the article they didnt say if they produced any after a year and a half so if anyone who knows anything about this can theyplease elaborate on it because ide like to know ? and condoms are 98-100% effective if used properly

Anonymous
Unregistered

#205187 - 08/28/06 09:51 AM

You're quick to say stuff, but no so quick to cite your sources. Just where did you read the condom percentage. Of course, anyone that's made it to 20 and believes that needle nonsense, isn't one I want to believe.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1310

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3