Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Mad in Florida
Unregistered

anyone see Primetime?
      #204891 - 08/25/06 08:43 AM

okay, I finally get the guts to go test after reading all the encouraging info on this site, and then I see the Primetime special on AIDS in black America last night.
So which is it? is HIV/AIDS really a chronic, manageable disease, or a dark, scary, <5yr death sentance?
Does the optimistic info on this site only exist to coerce people to get tested, when the realities are grim? or is this just an example of how 'doom and gloom' media gets critical acclaim? I'm really confused now...and more angry than I initially realised.
My apologies if I rambled or you didn't catch the show...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: anyone see Primetime? new
      #204912 - 08/25/06 10:45 AM

I think that people are living longer, if not normal life spans, with the help of modern medicine, and the people living with the disease on this site are examples and inspirations. The media likes to put a spin on things merely for sensationalism.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#204941 - 08/25/06 04:38 PM

I think with the medication out right now and the new ones on the horizon people stand a good chance to live a pretty normal lifespan. It also has greatly to do with what strain of the virus your infected with and how your body handles the medication.

Defintely better then 10 years ago, and iam hoping it will get even better in 10 years from now.

but having said that try to stay safe and avoid high risks because this is one virus you really dont want to get no matter what medication iis out there..

Anonymous
Unregistered

#204992 - 08/26/06 02:07 AM

I can see where you see both views. Really the bottom line is there are certain views. 1. Its a managebale virus, people are having children, undetectable viral loads, dying of old age! Its also true that some cant handle the meds or are resistant to them, or there child becomes positive. These are all varius avenues on the views of others. They do want to scare teens away from hiv and other virus. Its expensive to treat, if treatable.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 766

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3