Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
CoolChick
Unregistered

HIv from oral sex
      #204849 - 08/24/06 10:38 PM

Hi! I was wondering whata are chances of catching HIV from sallowing pre-cum?

Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIv from oral sex new
      #204871 - 08/25/06 02:49 AM

Im not sure if your aware but if you look up that question you WILL find it. As a matter of fact ive asked it and found that no you cant. If you were with a hiv partner - even then the chances are very slim. It would be the same as getting struck by lightening, problably wont happen. Id also like to add there are "magnetic couples" Who are + & - whove had unprotected sex for up to a year and the neg. partner never got it.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#204887 - 08/25/06 07:32 AM

[quote]Im not sure if your aware but if you look up that question you WILL find it. As a matter of fact ive asked it and found that no you cant. If you were with a hiv partner - even then the chances are very slim. It would be the same as getting struck by lightening, problably wont happen. Id also like to add there are "magnetic couples" Who are + & - whove had unprotected sex for up to a year and the neg. partner never got it. [/quote]

Anonymous
Unregistered

#204888 - 08/25/06 07:37 AM

there are "magnetic couples" Who are + & - whove had unprotected sex for up to a year and the neg. partner never got it.

The term is serodiscordant couple. There are certainly cases of a partner being unknowningly postive and having unprotected sex for sometimes over a year or years. With the negative partner ultimately testing negative upon the couple finding out the one partners status.

However, what you are referring to in relation to this question has to do with long term studies (way over a year) in which serodiscordant couples used no protection for oral sex but DID use protection for anal or vaginal sex and the negative partner stayed negative.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#204893 - 08/25/06 09:07 AM

From what I read oral sex is less risky but not zero. For example if the receiver had blood gums, you could be exposed. But if you are performing the oral sex your risk is slightly higher. Good luck.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#204937 - 08/25/06 04:31 PM

bad info given out in these forums.. what you trying to do get people infected?

Receptive oral sex with pre-cum is considered very low risk, not no risk, there is definitly risk involved obviously not as much as vaginal or anal.

Insertive Oral is the act considered pretty much no risk, but nothing is 100% in this world.

chances are you are fine, dont worry but just didnt want wrong info posted here about risks.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#204946 - 08/25/06 05:02 PM

What are you talking about. No one said that giving oral didn't carry a risk. Yes, an extremely low risk, but some risk.

Same thing you said. Can you not read?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#204982 - 08/25/06 11:22 PM

PEOPLE PLEASE READ - Those that give meaning Lick or suck are at HIGHER risk. Does that mean giving oral sex is high risk - NO - I think as the studys have proven its low - But not non exisitant.
Its all about the risk YOU choose to take. I think there are enough adequate studys that prove its low. When they say low they mean a small number of people contract that way.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2402

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3