Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Detecting
      #204606 - 08/23/06 04:03 PM

They say HIV can hide for along time in some cell i think but i dont know for sure about this info but i was jw even if the virus hides can they still detect it at say 3-6 months or sooner with the elisa test ? and why do some pp take 6 months to produce antibodies ? someone told me im reading it wrong bcuz 1-5% will take 6 months or longer but its a small fraction so am i mistaken or is it still the same ? i got tested at 5 months and my girl friend got tested at 3 months and she used a condom with her last partner ? both tests came back negative and i had un protected sex with her but she was my only one and she got tested at 3 months and she used a conhdom so do oyu think im fine ? and do you think she is clean ?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LynnB
Regular

Reged: 08/14/06
Loc: Maine
Re: Detecting new
      #204613 - 08/23/06 04:29 PM

I have done alot of research I am not an expert but the CDC is so here is what they say http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/qa9.htm hope this helps.

Lynn

Anonymous
Unregistered

#204633 - 08/23/06 05:27 PM

You both tested negative at times when both your tests are considered conclusive. You sound a bit obsessive about all this. Better let it go now, before you irrational fears gets the better of you. You've already posted this question in one form or another a few times....that a symptom of obessive behavior.

HIV does not hide out. You have misunderstood how the virus operates. Some of the virus goes into what is know as a resting state, but at NO time is all the virus out of the blood system and no matter where the virus is in the body, the body will produce antibodies against the virus WITHIN 3 MONTHS. It's the antibodies that the ELISA test detects, not the actual virus. Most people infected test postive by 6 weeks. The information you have read is outdated and no longer credible.

As far as if I think your GF is clean, how in the world would any of us know if she showers or bathes regularly.

You did mean that type of clean didn't you, I'm sure you wouldn't have used it in the form where someone that is HIV negative is 'clean', which would mean that someone with HIV (like me) is 'dirty'.

Don't insult people you want answers from. It isn't nice.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#204717 - 08/24/06 06:32 AM

No, the CDC are not experts, they are a government funded operation.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1564

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3