Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Window longer than 3 month
      #20430 - 08/06/01 08:25 AM

Hi,
A antibody test is 99.9% at 3 month, but some person that are extremly rare and I mean extremly Rare does not develop antibody´s at all and most of them doesn´t produce antibody´s at all, and the scientist speculate that this is because of diffrence in the DNA cells or Immunological factors as the prostitutes in Africa. Please these person are very rare(longer than 3 month) and also you have persons that not develop antibodys at all but those persons are extremly rare. So please be confident with a test at 3 month becuse if you test at 6 month you still have person that have taking longer.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Window longer than 3 month new
      #20433 - 08/06/01 09:36 AM

Everyone will produce antibodies if infected, period.
99.9% will seroconvert within 3 months. I don't think its worth stressing my life for 0.1%.

Anonymos
Unregistered

Re: Window longer than 3 month new
      #20434 - 08/06/01 10:42 AM

YES, But that´s what i´m saying have a test a 3 month and be happy for that if NEG, But still some person will not develop antibody´s within 3 month and some person can take longer than 3 month so what i´m meaning is that a 6 month test is not 100% you still have person that take longer than 6 month also and the scentist are saying that this could in some genetic variation in people or immunologic. So you have right about 99,9% within 3 month but you still have 99.9 or 99.99 at six month and not 100% so Stop thinking about 6 month because it is not 100% and is a very slight diffrence between 3 and 6 month. Be happy with 3 month, we will never have 100% and 99.9 or 99.99 at six month is not a big diffrence. Be happy with the 3 month. I am.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1694

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3