Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

gay=HIV?
      #20419 - 08/06/01 12:29 AM

I am bisexual male and had my first sexual expierence with another guy about three weeks ago. I had anal sex using a condom and oral sex without using one, no ejaculation. I am now experiencing soar throat, stiff neck, headaches,
and diareah. I really started freaking out when i read that almost 20 % of gay men have hiv. if i turn out negative I dont think i will ever have sex with another guy again because the stress is not worth it.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Unregistered

Re: gay=HIV? new
      #20423 - 08/06/01 02:09 AM

I know how you feel because I am bi too
and I have to say that we have alot more to worry about than some of the stories I have read on this board over the last 6 months I have been hanging out here.
I also feel the same way about having sex w/ a guy again even though I have tried to be as safe as possible it still is scary to test I have had 2 tests and they were both very stressful to go through I dont think the sex is worth it as you said ...
when you say 20% of gays are HIV+ I have read 10-20% are HIV + still 750.000 people in USA are HIV+ that is 1 in 250 people has it so the Straight people have a fear too even though thier risk is so much lower than a Gay and a Bi is even more at risk.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20424 - 08/06/01 03:25 AM

Did you use protection on both incidents and im assuming you came back negative on both? Should I be worried I mean condoms were used with no ejaculation but the condom should have been effective at keeping the precum from infecting me?

Oops
Unregistered

#20432 - 08/06/01 08:58 AM

Gay does NOT = HIV.
If you used condoms, and they didn't break, you should be fine. On the other hand, since you're worrying about HIV, you should also go get tested for your OWN benefit and peace of mind.

Condoms work. But see, it's easy for me to tell you that, and at times I'm every bit as stressed out as your are - and I used one too.

Go see your doctor. If you can't talk to your doctor, go see another one. Talk to that person about your risk, get a realistic assessment, and if you think you need to test then do it.

Unregistered

#20441 - 08/06/01 03:22 PM

yes I am negative and I have had plenty of chances to have sex but now I don't want it after I had a scare and I always try to be safe but I was not safe all the time with women HIV is not the only thing out there and HIV is harder to get than other STDs
I will just wait for someone special.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20446 - 08/06/01 04:01 PM

It sure is sad ....sex should be something we all should be able to enjoy......the stress certainly kills it...I have never been with another man.....consider myself hetero....but desire to experiment orally with men...but after my experience...fear of HIv with another woman......doubt I will ever go experimenting

Oops
Unregistered

#20447 - 08/06/01 04:10 PM

OK youngsters - I can remember when sex didn't kill you EVER.

So how do you think us old codgers must feel?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Older than Syphilis? new
      #20455 - 08/06/01 08:12 PM

Ooops. You must be REAL old! Syphilis, the Great Scourge, sixteenth century Europe. Took out a big piece of the upper-crust. What was it like back then? Only kidding with you. Today has been a heavy day around here.

Oops
Unregistered

Re: Older than Syphilis? new
      #20458 - 08/06/01 11:05 PM

Nah - not that old, just old enough to remember that all you *really* had to worry about - if you didn't use a condom - was fatherhood. :-)

Friend
Unregistered

#20471 - 08/07/01 08:40 AM

Good old days ahhh.

Oops
Unregistered

#20477 - 08/07/01 09:59 AM

They certainly were..

T-REX
Unregistered

#20481 - 08/07/01 10:16 AM

It is indeed sad that sex can be dangerous, whatever our orientation. I wish I lived during the sixties(my parents' time)when the worst thing you can get by having sex was syphilis which was easily treatable. Sigh.......
Tomorrow is my test...wish me luck.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2428

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3