Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
T-REX
Unregistered

scared
      #20367 - 08/04/01 09:32 AM

I have 4 days to go before testing (8th week Eliza). I'm scared, even though I convince myself that I'll be alright. I have given up smoking a long time ago, but I bought a packet today and smoked a few sticks. I'm passing my time watching mindless programs on tv. In the morning, I checked the milk carton before drinking and noticed the expiry date, and it said "expires on 08.08.2001". I'm not superstitious, but I freaked out as it is my test date. Okay...sorry for rattling on. Peace to all...and to myself.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: scared new
      #20371 - 08/04/01 11:26 AM

I know the feeling....past 11 weeks now.......have had one Elisa at 4 weeks............to non-=fda approved tests at 5 1/2 and 8 1/2 weeks .....I am scared to death...........

Hang tough.......we have to believe we are negative!

Friend
Unregistered

#20372 - 08/04/01 11:34 AM

Hey I have 11 weeks and have not taken a test. You are much more stronger than I'm, so don't loose the faith and be strong.

I'm trying to get the same courage you have and take my first test, but I'm very very scared. I'm actually thinking to ge get drunk and then get the test.

Any ideas?

Good luck to both of you as I will pray for people like us.

Take care,

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20373 - 08/04/01 11:44 AM

YOU ARE FINE....YOUR FOUR WEEK TEST IS A GOOD INDICATOR.I TALKED TO THE LADY AT QUEST AND SHE SAID THAT AT FOUR WEEKS 90% OF PEOPLE HAVE ANTIBODIES...SHE ALSO SAID SHE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT WHICH LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THEY KNOW MORE THAN THEY LET ON ABOUT THAT KIND OD STUFF... YOU ARE SO COURAGEOUS TO GET TESTED SOME PEOPLE DON'T EVEN DO THAT...WHATEVER THE OUTCOME, WHICH I WOULD BET MY BRAND NEW CAR WAS NEGATIVE,YOU'LL BE NEGATIVE...I CAN TOTALLY RELATE ABOUT BEING SUPERSTITIOUS.WHEN I WAS PANICKING I SAW AIDS COMMERCIALS, IN MY SOAP OPERA THEY INYTRODUCED A NEW CHARACTER WHO IS HIV+, AND IT WAS LIKE FOLLOWING ME EVERYWHERE...I MEAN I NEVER WATCH OPRAH BUT THE DAY BEFORE I GOT MY RESULTS I TURNED IT ON AND IT WAS ABOUT A GUY WITH AIDS AND HOW HE WAS OSTRESIZED BY HIS COMMUNITY..I WAS LIKE IT A SIGN, I WAS CONVINCED I WAS POSITIVE AND I AM NOT. SO KEEP THE FAITH YOU ARE ALMOST THERE...LET ME KNOW!!!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20376 - 08/04/01 12:17 PM

We all share the same kind of feelings. It is STRESS. Hang in there guys. You all will be OK.

Unregistered

#20380 - 08/04/01 04:38 PM

I agree with what they said about 4 weeks
if you tested before you know that you were in good hands and made to feel safe .
when I was in the window I was scared to think about it but when I went there I was not scared at all but then when I went in to get my results 2 weeks later that was kinda scary.

T-REX
Unregistered

#20382 - 08/04/01 10:44 PM

You know how our subconscious mind looks for things that are bothering us. Anyway, since I'm not a carton of milk, I'm not going to think about it. Its funny how intelligent, sane people become jelly when under stress.

About my test at 4 weeks, I was not courageous in testing. I was going crazy just waiting.It was something I just had to do. But testing was a harrowing experience neverthless. This board was a great help. Cheers!!!

Oops
Unregistered

#20400 - 08/05/01 06:24 PM

To the best of my knowledge, milk cartons have never given statistical signs of clairvoyance. Hope that helps..... :-)

AFTER you take the test, give me a shout and I'll tell you about a REALLY harrowing flash of pseudo-karma.

CopperBlue
Expert

Reged: 06/04/01
      #20404 - 08/05/01 07:41 PM

Oops, I want to hear about a harrowing flash of pseudo-karma!

T-Rex, I understand your fear about testing but Oops is right - milk cartons just aren't reliable sources of information. In fact, I spoke with a milk carton once, and it told me that you would actually have a better chance at getting the truth from Gary Condit ;)

I think we've all been in your shoes. I know that when I am panicking (which is nearly always), everything around me convinces me I'm infected. The ads for Trizivir that I see posted in bus stops, the little AIDS educational cartoons they have on the subway, even seeing Magic Johnson on the educational video they had at the clinic I went to (because of course if Magic Johnson, a famous person, is infected, then surely a mere mortal like myself is doomed!). I was even watching "When Harry Met Sally" today, and as five years and then ten years passed in the movie, I thought, "Wow, aren't they lucky. In ten years I'll probably be dead." It's all irrational. Just keep telling yourself that.

Let us know how you're doing! Hang in there :)

Copper

Oops
Unregistered

Pseudo-Karma new
      #20412 - 08/05/01 10:54 PM

Trust me, Copper - NO ONE wants to hear it right now, except those in the clear. I get the shakes just thinking about it, if that tells you anything.

Later - in a day or two, maybe.

T-REX
Unregistered

Re: Pseudo-Karma new
      #20427 - 08/06/01 06:43 AM

If my test result in 2 days time is negative, I'm going to treat this whole episode as a PSYCHOSEXUAL FANTASY THRILLER and move on with my DAMN life. As for the milk carton, one can never prove that it has something to do with pseudo-karma. One can also never prove that it has nothing to do with pseudo-karma. In any case,I'm not buying any milk for a few days.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3048

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3