Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
man_apart
Unregistered

risk assessement please, i am scared
      #203585 - 08/15/06 07:33 PM

2 weeks post possible exposure: (no other exposures in the past)
1-diarrhea (resolved in one day with over the counter meds)2- severe abdmoinal pain 3- neck tighness +sore throat 4- loss of appetite.5-chills twice, mild night sweats twice6-loss of appetite and 10pounds weight loss.. all this lasted 2 weeks then after 2 weeks resolved then:
1- severe sharp pains in armpits lymph nodes, feeling they r heavy (no lumps noted), pain in chest area , around pec muscles +tingling, tenderness and pain around the liver and spleen -resolved in 2 weeks
6 weeks after encounter(4 weeks after intital symptoms started) 2 swollen lymph nodes under the ear on the back of the neck at teh jaw line, more on the left, not visible but clearly palpaple (bean shaped on the left and pea shaped on the right) , still there for 5 weeks now, also occasional pain in groin area (no swollen nodes in inguinal area), and pain in armpits) +gained the weight back but lost a[ppetite again and lost 15 pounds,
Encounters were prolonged french kissing, (my gums are inflammed due to periodontal problems and gingivitis) but no bleeding not even with brushing, mutual masterbation,rubbing and gential grinding with clothes on.
Any possibility this could be HIV? or sthg else? please i need assurance, thank u for the help.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: risk assessement please, i am scared new
      #203593 - 08/15/06 08:01 PM

i forgot to mention, i am a male and the encounter was with a girl who might be considered high risk. thank u

Anonymous
Unregistered

#203602 - 08/15/06 08:38 PM

awww....that is a good question, you were exchanging fluids by hand it sounds like. I seriously doubt you caught anything from it.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#203607 - 08/15/06 08:56 PM

Just why do you consider her high risk and not yourself? You were there weren't you?

You have gone of the deep end for no good reason. Sounds as if you are having a hey day with the guilt.

Be that as it may, the fact is that your symptoms must stem from hysteria, since nothing you did has ever been implicated as a form of transmission for HIV, peridontal disease and all that.

You could have unprotected sex with both a sex worker and the girl next door and end up getting infected from the girl next door.

Perhaps in the future if you would remember that it's the activities that are assessed as risky or not (and none of yours were) and NOT people that are risky, you might not have the hee bee jeebies for no good reason.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#203645 - 08/15/06 11:48 PM

[quote]Just why do you consider her high risk and not yourself? You were there weren't you?

You have gone of the deep end for no good reason. Sounds as if you are having a hey day with the guilt.

Be that as it may, the fact is that your symptoms must stem from hysteria, since nothing you did has ever been implicated as a form of transmission for HIV, peridontal disease and all that.

You could have unprotected sex with both a sex worker and the girl next door and end up getting infected from the girl next door.

Perhaps in the future if you would remember that it's the activities that are assessed as risky or not (and none of yours were) and NOT people that are risky, you might not have the hee bee jeebies for no good reason. [/quote]

Who said that? Im so curious just becasue Ive mentioned that somewhere else in the past ( your quote " you could have sex with a sexworker and girl next door and your more likely to get it from the girl next store" Thats is totaly true.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#203665 - 08/16/06 05:21 AM

You need to think of other things in life besides HIV. No risk D.J.

Cobal
Master

Reged: 07/23/06
      #203685 - 08/16/06 10:18 AM

I see no risk in what you described. the symptoms are consistant with mono. I would go have my Doctor check it out.

Edited by Cobal (08/17/06 12:45 PM)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#203702 - 08/16/06 12:02 PM

Agreed, Mononucleosis (Epstein Barr virus) is definitely a possibility given that you primarily describe kissing and that is how that virus is usually spread, but you need to see a doc either way to see what's up....

What what what?
Unregistered

Cobal what are you talking about? new
      #203704 - 08/16/06 12:25 PM

Are you reading these or just dumb? French kissing and rubbing with clothes on is not a risk. Read the posting and give advice but if it is going to be as inaccurate as this and the "infected by food eating" plz dont try to help.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: what?what?Cobal what are you talking about? new
      #203757 - 08/16/06 07:01 PM

he was talking about the mutual masterbation as means of fluid exchange, which doesnt make sense to me, if a guy is fingering a girl and has his fingers inside her, and a girl is masterbating him at the same time, that is not exchange of body fluid , even if he touches his penis with the hand he used on her, i never heard this as a way of HIV transmisson!! or am i wrong?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#203810 - 08/17/06 07:58 AM

No you are not wrong. Mutual masterbation is considered safe sex. It is not a risk.

I believe the fluid exchange conversation was over the french kissing, however that fluid, Saliva, is not a vector for HIV transmission. Studies have also shown that not only does it NOT transmit HIV, something in Saliva actually inhibits the virus.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#203842 - 08/17/06 12:38 PM

I would say u did have a risk, and ur symptoms sound like ARS, there is a possibility that u caught the virus this way because of ur gum conditions, go get tested ASAP!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#203862 - 08/17/06 04:03 PM

[quote]I would say u did have a risk, and ur symptoms sound like ARS, there is a possibility that u caught the virus this way because of ur gum conditions, go get tested ASAP!! [/quote]

Your crazier than hell.

There was one, I repeat ONE reported case of transmission from kissing back in the early 90's. Remember now that's in over 25 years, probably more years than you are old.

The CDC investigated and would not confirm the kissing as the source of transmission.

As far as ARS symptoms. ARS does not have ANY SPECIFIC symptoms. The same ones you might have during ARS are the SAME ONES you could have for any number of other illnesses and conditions. The flu, cold, Montazuma's revenge......

Must be hell to live with all that unneccesary fear all the time. Does your mommy check for the boogie man under the bed for you also?

or did you just say all that, just to be an asshole and figure it's fun to try to scare someone. HIV isn't a matter to joke about. It's also not something that people should be spreading misinformation about. Doesn't just hurt the person you're trying to scare. It hurts everyone.

Grow up.

man_apart
Unregistered

#203890 - 08/17/06 07:35 PM

[quote]Your crazier than hell.

There was one, I repeat ONE reported case of transmission from kissing back in the early 90's. Remember now that's in over 25 years, probably more years than you are old.

The CDC investigated and would not confirm the kissing as the source of transmission.

As far as ARS symptoms. ARS does not have ANY SPECIFIC symptoms. The same ones you might have during ARS are the SAME ONES you could have for any number of other illnesses and conditions. The flu, cold, Montazuma's revenge......

Must be hell to live with all that unneccesary fear all the time. Does your mommy check for the boogie man under the bed for you also?

or did you just say all that, just to be an asshole and figure it's fun to try to scare someone. HIV isn't a matter to joke about. It's also not something that people should be spreading misinformation about. Doesn't just hurt the person you're trying to scare. It hurts everyone.

Grow up. [quote]
Thanks for this post, this guy/girl really scared me to death, I am aware of that one case the CDC investigated, but like u said, it was never confirmed. I don't know why people would come and say something like that, they dont realize the impact of this on other people's lives, it is really sad,I posted in other websites and this is the first person who ever said sthg like that, it is really unfair, but thank u for writing that, u remind me of someone on healingwell.com.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2902

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3