Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
SAC
Unregistered

Stats on Symptoms
      #20338 - 08/03/01 05:56 PM

Good evening everyone. Lots of nice stats today. Anyone have any stats on the % of folks who do or do not present primary infection symptoms. I am actually starting to stress about NOT presenting any (not counting the fainting episode as I am chalking that up to non-related - absolutely going nutz!) I don't want to get too comfortable in my belief that I am negative because somewhere deeply repressed is this fierce dread combined with a pretty realistic understanding of my high risk. So, A great stat would be 95% of people display symptoms.. Got anything like that?

Quick updates:
- PCR ready on Tuesday (God help me through these next 4 days)
- Still no word from the guy. Uggh.
- Oops, that was me on the condom stats, before I got bold enough to throw my initials up there:-)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Oops
Unregistered

Re: Stats on Symptoms new
      #20339 - 08/03/01 06:04 PM

Unfortunately, SAC, the symptoms stats aren't that good. My understanding - and it's sort of a general conglomeration of "most people who should know say this" - is that 50% of newly infected people are symptomatic. Of those, or perhaps in total, 30% show the much-mentioned "Trademark Rash."

Sorry - I know that's not what you want to hear at the moment.

1) Look in the bright side - you haven't been symptomatic, and fainting doesn't count.
2) You can make it to Tuesday. I've got another Elisa due by then (8 wks, for all practical purposes), we can sweat it out together.
3) Thanks for the condom stats. They helped.

T-REX
Unregistered

Re: Stats on Symptoms new
      #20355 - 08/03/01 11:39 PM

Oops, my 8th week Eliza is this Wednesday. Lets give each other a "virtual" hug.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1011

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3