Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Oops
Unregistered

Can anyone ID this as a stress-related symptom?
      #20333 - 08/03/01 04:51 PM

Kind of wierd, it's been going on for over a month:
Tightness, sort of, under my lower jaw, towards the front. If you look in a mirror, tip your head back and swallow, the part that moves is the part I'm talking about. Also feels like it extends up under my tounge, but I wouldn't say my salivary glands are swollen. WAY too far forward to be lymph nodes, I'm wondering if anyone else notices it when they're feeling particularly uptight? Mine comes and goes, it's generally noticeable as soon as I start thinking about all this crap.

I will be sans computer later today for the next couple of days. Good luck to all - I'll be back in a day or two.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Friend
Unregistered

Re: Can anyone ID this as a stress-related symptom? new
      #20334 - 08/03/01 04:57 PM

Me too my friend.

I even get pain on my arms, right uper side of the stomach, and itches all around the body. These pains are not stable and go away after seconds.
I feel very tight around my neck and when I feel a little pain, I just check with my hands to see if I feel something around the neck.

Sucks,

Well take care and talk to you later.

T-REX
Unregistered

#20354 - 08/03/01 11:32 PM

Oops, thanks for giving me an opportunity to help you for a change. The tightness in the jaw is a classic case of stress and anxiety. I had it last year for a few weeks when I was preparing for my university exams. I had stiffness and cramping below my chin and my tongue felt like it was too big for my mouth. I also had sporadic cramping pain in my arm and leg muscles.They went of once my exams were over. It will go off for you, once you get your 3rd month negative result. Hang in there buddy and continue your valuable work. Cheers!

Unregistered

#20356 - 08/04/01 12:23 AM

I think that is called Globus Hystericus
like a ball inn your throat ?
I had that Its nerves there are some nerves in that area called Vegas nerves
I would get some herbs and relax it.
when I had something similar I went to a herb shop they gave me something for my nerves it worked for a few times then it just became like a placebo...

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20407 - 08/05/01 09:09 PM

The symptoms you are describing is stress related when you stress your neck and throat muscles tense up, most people feel they have something stuck in there throat, or something is pushing up against there throat. It is stress related, notice when you stop stressing it goes away.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2198

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3