Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Putting off test for more than 5 years
      #203043 - 08/09/06 09:39 PM

I can't seem to get over my fear of taking an HIV test. I have at least a couple of high risk situations in my past. I know if I don't test I can't get medical help but I don't want to be HIV+. I know in my head that it is too late...if I am HIV+...it is done and over with and I can't change it but I am shaking in my boots too scared to find out. I thought if I read about HIV that I would find the strength and courage to test but I have been reading about it for the last year and a half and still too scared to test. I really don't know how to get myself to go take the test.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Putting off test for more than 5 years new
      #203044 - 08/09/06 10:11 PM

I dont know if this is a guy or girl. Im a female and I have the problem. I wish we could go together and help eachother out. I dont know if youve done this but i have literally wasted my 20's. Damn hypochondria , its a nightmare

scaredsailor
Unregistered

#203058 - 08/09/06 11:27 PM

hey bud.. were both on the same boat... im awaiting my hiv test after a very high risk of sexual activity...and i did have symptoms... i know i should not rely on them..but right now im stressed over it.. i just want you to know that your not alone on this...its the same rollercoaster ride that we are on..i will be praying for you, and i really hope you have nothing!! im not gay or anything, but if you need to pour your heart out..you have people within this site that are willing to listen... take care!

Gman9/23
Unregistered

#203076 - 08/10/06 08:07 AM

Anon, Come on now, you can do it! Do you have any idea how tough it has been for me to test so many times with persisting symptoms in my face during each and every test. Look at it this way, if your Neg. that huge gorilla will be off your back permanantly. If Pos. which seems unlikely then atleast you know what you have to do to start improving your health instead of just waiting around to see if your going to start getting very ill at which point could be too late for you. I would recommend an Oral Swab test at your local health clinic. Most of them perform the entire test with you sitting right there with the counselor. 20 minutes and its all over! No waiting 1 or 2 weeks for results.
It really is not that hard, just suck it up and GO!

sadface
Legend

Reged: 02/15/06
      #203100 - 08/10/06 11:02 AM

Have a shot of something STRONG and muster up the courage to get your ass to the clinic and GOOOOOOOOOO! Quit doing this to yourself, its not healthy mentally or physically. Like the little engine that could..."I think I can, I think I can, I think I can", and you WILL! Let us know.
SF

Anonymous
Unregistered

#203114 - 08/10/06 01:27 PM

Just go and get the test! I wasted a week worrying about symptoms and finally bit the bullet and did it and it was neg. If I can do it, you can too!

Worrying about it will do nothing. Someone awesome on this board said this- EVERYONE should know their status, SO GO AND GET TESTED!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 878

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3