Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

How IS it possible?
      #202894 - 08/08/06 08:31 PM

I just read a post on AIDSMEDS and it is from a newly infected gay guy and he says he never performed oral sex and he never received anal and he only gave anal and always wore a condom and he tested positive. Therefore, I am screwed in more ways than one because I slipped up and received anal without a condom.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: How IS it possible? new
      #202912 - 08/08/06 10:51 PM

all gays lie

Anonymous
Unregistered

#202913 - 08/08/06 10:54 PM

First you are not him. Your body is not his. Second read all these so-called infection modes with a grain of salt. I have NEVER know a Gay man that has NEVER performed oral sex period. Third oral would be a low risk anyway. Finally, how do you know how carefull he was with condom use? Chill out ,get a test 6 weeks after your last posible exposure. D.J.

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #202914 - 08/08/06 11:02 PM

Anonymous
Unregistered

#202918 - 08/08/06 11:46 PM

Yes i read that myself and got a little worried, but when you think about it how do we know everything he says is true, or even maybe it is true but he just doesnt recall a time when he was unproected or gave oral.

he even mentions he has been with alot of guys, and some he knew were hiv+, so obviously this guy gets around.. and like the previous poster said a gay person never giving a blowjob is rare..

the sad part about the internet is you will always and i mean always get stories like this.. i even read one guy who claimed he never had sex before but he has hiv and is dying.. so you see where iam going with this.

dont worry about what other people say, use your judgement... a intact condom properly used is a very effective barrier for hiv.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#202935 - 08/09/06 07:40 AM

Thank you for the responses. I know I had a high risk behavior with a guy of unknown status and I don't know him or where he is so I can't ask him now but I really got scared when someone always being a top and using a condom can get HIV then it must have been so easy to be infected. I feel better now, still scared, but better.

Regret101

Reged: 07/07/06
      #202943 - 08/09/06 08:11 AM

Stop looking for exceptions to the norm. You were searching for the exceptions and you found them so it will make you even more nervous. Get tested at 6-8 weeks if will make you feel better and 3 months to make it conclusive in almost all eyes. Start using protection EVERY time and take care.
His story about entact condom sex with no oral is complete bullshit. There is no risk there. Even if he had sex with a million HIV + males.

Choosing2Liv
Veteran

Reged: 03/21/06
Loc: South
      #202965 - 08/09/06 10:32 AM

[quote] ... I know I had a high risk behavior with a guy of unknown status.... [/quote]

Please keep in mind that unless you have a copy of the person's recent test results in your hands, consider their status as "unknown."

I was infected by a law enforcement officer, who encouraged me to "experiment" with him. When I discovered that he was unprotected, he swore that he was negative. Later I discovered that he knew at the time that he'd been poz for over three years.

TRUST NO ONE! DON’T TAKE RISKS!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#202986 - 08/09/06 12:25 PM

I read that post also and it sounds different. That being said the people who give advice on that board take it a few steps too far in my opinion. Like one of the critics who they banned there said, 3

I agree with Dr. Daar on this site that caution should be the primary consideration (not making people "feel good").

Anonymous
Unregistered

#202989 - 08/09/06 12:30 PM

I read that post also and it sounds different. That being said the people who give advice on that board take it a few steps too far in my opinion. Like one of the critics who they banned there said, 3 month testing is 97 to 99% definitive. Telling people who test negative at 3 months that they are "home free" is somewhat questionable based on that fact. By definition, 1 to 3% are going to think they are fine yet they carry the virus. I'm just extremely surprised that the advice given there is not much more cautious and tempered given the subject matter and possible ramificaions.

I agree with Dr. Daar on this site that caution should be the primary consideration (not making people "feel good").

Anonymous
Unregistered

#203001 - 08/09/06 04:11 PM

a 3 month result is conclusive in many areas only old sources still state 6 months, if your looking for 100% then your in bad shape cause there is no such thing. even 6 months isnt 100%.

but fact is for the avg person with healthy immune system with no other problems will test postive by 3 months its very rare for it to be 6 months.

and the tests these days are different from 10 years ago they are extremely sensitive keep that in mind.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#203363 - 08/13/06 11:23 AM

The problem here is how the data is interpided. Its not so much the limitation of the test, but how the body reacts to the virus. There are studies out there regardless of what test is being used that certain strains within a certain group of people will produce a weak or non reactance on any antibody test. Within that group it will just take longer. Which is why most ID doctors will still say that it can take years for this thing to show up. Search the web for rapid progressors and within that data they talk about weak or non activity using the western blot. Which all takes us back to the question of how this site and well as aidsmed consider 3 months to be conclusive when the experts claim 3=12 months with a known exposure.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2286

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3