Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Too Quick ?
      #202476 - 08/04/06 07:10 AM

I seperated from my wife earlier this year, I am 40 years old and for the first time in my life I did something very stupid, I had unprotected vaginal sex with a Woman I met on a business trip (we were very drunk).

2 Weeks later I developed a raised itchy line on my penis
4 weeks later I developed lesions on the sides on my tounge which are still there (OHL)
I have had raised glands in my kneck, groin and arms which come and go as to various fevers
I now have raised white spots all around my eyes, eyelids and eyelashes with more spots now growing on my forehead and cheeks, these appeard at week 7
for the past 3 weeks I have had a cough and some difficulty in breathing.

I now seem to have diagnosed myself with OHL, Mollescum and PCP.............this would imply I have a CD4+ count less than 200 already..........is this all possible within 10 weeks ?

I know I need to get a test I'm just terrified and I cant belive from one drunken night of sex with a business collegue (also 40 with children) in 10 weeks I have AIDS...........

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Too Quick ? new
      #202492 - 08/04/06 08:50 AM

Thankyou for offering some reassurance, I guess too much information is a bad thing, I am an educated usually rational person, There is a good reason doctors got to medical school for 7 years and self diagnosis is not reliable.

Help to hear somebody else say it, its not the sort of thing you discuss with your buddies or family

SteveR
Veteran

Reged: 07/19/05
Re: Too Quick ? new
      #202543 - 08/04/06 03:48 PM

It would not be typical for HIV infection to manifest in the way you describe. Infections like PCP and OHL usually don't show up until years and years after a person has been infected.

I think it's more likely you're feeling some guilt over this encounter and that's fueling your fears. Still, you can get tested if you're really worried. A test at 13 weeks will settle things. And meanwhile, don't be afraid to talk to your doctor about your symptoms, because they could very well come from another STD, or (more likely) from stress.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1335

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3