Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Cobal
Master

Reged: 07/23/06
Worried about locale information
      #202389 - 08/03/06 06:58 AM

I've been under the weather for going on 6 months now. Went and talk to the Hiv/Aids experts in my area and was told some things that shocked me and almost convinced me that I am indeed infected. My symptoms are consistant with primary hiv infection. Stomach problem, rapid loss of weight, loss of body mass, depression and coated tongue. They also told me that the 3 month window period does not apply to my situation because of symptoms, and suggested that i test out every 3 months for one year for an accurate account of my status. My last test was at 5.5 months. I'm sick as hell right now and dont know what to think, but I'm scared as hell. So scared to the point that i took time off work and sought out therophy.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #202391 - 08/03/06 07:43 AM

Cobal
Master

Re: Worried about locale information new
      #202403 - 08/03/06 09:37 AM

Aids2Hiv, Don't let my postings confuse you. Yes my main concern is ruling out HIV, but Its not all that I've been checking on. What do you suggest I do? only thing confirmed thus far is that I'm malabsorbing, and losing weight. The cause has not been determined. As far a money is concerned, my health has no price limit. I;m amused by your comment "PERSONAL QUEST FOR HIV". I accept the fact that because you already faced it and dealing with on a daily basis that you find alot of the posting trivial. But be reasonable, medical science is not a defined fact. Its based on numbers and every case will differ. Your case, how you found out, and what you do to deal with it will not work for everyone one else. This BB is filled will mostly WW trying to obtain factual information, not to those want to have someone dictate their personal views. You are helpful to alot of people on this site I must admit, but consider being a little more open minded. FYI in my case the are lot of abnormal test results, which indicates some type of infection process. What that is, has yet to be determined, but my fear is valid. Anyone else reading this post should also keep in mind that no one posting to this site is a Doctor and that their views are their own based mostly on what they heard or read.

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

#202406 - 08/03/06 10:59 AM

Cobal
Master

#202408 - 08/03/06 11:12 AM

Man what the fuck are your talking about. You dont know shit and call yourself attacking me. For what fucking reason. But I can see by reading your posts you dont have a life and spend all your time trying to attack others. You need to get a life idiot. Look at the numbers of posting you have and ask yourself how many were semi positive. from what I see your a bitter fool who is trying to feel like a God in the virtual world by using these sites, not to be helpful, but to attempt to build your self esteem. And for your information people are leaving the site because of people like you, trying to judge others mental capacity. Your the one doing the bashing, speaking of mental capacity, was it you that almost died before getting help and treatment. Do you think anyone really want to follow the lead of some like you. While your experience is somewhat sought out and helpful to some. It the WW site your not adding anything considered realistic. Check your self.

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

#202410 - 08/03/06 12:02 PM

Anonymous
Unregistered

#202411 - 08/03/06 12:14 PM

Playing nicely I see.

Cobal you don't have HIV. Sorry, but it's time you dealt with that fact. Are your symptoms caused by something else? Well duh....obviously.

Work with your doctor to see if this has a phyiscal basis, but acknowledge the fact that these same symptoms can be caused by depression, stress, anxiety. You'd be lying to me if you tried to tell me that you aren't dealing with those very things. You are.

Perhaps more so than you feel that you are. Most of us when we are caught up in all the mental stuff, don't even realize the toll it is taking on us.

If your health is as important as you say it is, then you should also be seeking out doctors that can help you determine if your symptoms have an emotional basis. You owe it to yourself to cover ALL your bases, including those that YOU think will be a dead end.

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #202553 - 08/04/06 04:20 PM

Cobal,

It seems virtually impossible that you could have HIV. I don't remember all that you said in your past postings, such as your risk factors and the kinds of tests you've had, but a 5.5-month negative is a really, really definitive test.

However, you could very well have another type of problem. You say you have "malabsorption" that's causing you to lose weight. Has your doctor considered Crohn's disease or IBS? Ulcers? The symptoms you describe could be consistent with many, many illnesses besides HIV.

I hope you find the source of this problem. Please take care of yourself.

Steve

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2696

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3