Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oral sex---What is the risk???
      #201706 - 07/27/06 11:07 PM

Ok, I know I should be smart and have used protection and I will get tested at the 3 month mark to be sure. About a month ago had unprotected oral sex(I am female) with an old flame who I know had many partners. He told me he has always used protection, but I am wondering what my risk is for this stupid act. He said he was clean. I was in lust and wasn't thinking straight. He didn't cum in my mouth and there wasn't any precum or sores on him or in my mouth, but I am still a little worried. I had a sore throat few days after incident and a bad cold with running nose and nasal/sinus congestion a couple of weeks after that that cleared up with allergy medicine. I think I am ok, but just thinking about it makes me worried and more anxious. Any thoughts or suggestions would ease my mind. I will get tested but have to wait another month to make the 3 month mark. Thanks for those who look at my post.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Oral sex---What is the risk??? new
      #201708 - 07/27/06 11:16 PM

it's supposed to be somewhat low, but, i think it's higher if you swallow or have cuts in your mouth. i wish i knew the actual statistics, but, i don't.

right now, i'm stressing myself, because i just found out that a guy i dated a couple of months ago lied to me about his status and i swallowed!!

i see on here references ot 6 weeks, 3 months, and 6 months. which is the correct timeline before i can know i'm 'out of the woods' with a neg. test?

can't i press charges on him? it seems that what he did was like rape or attempted murder or something.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#201712 - 07/27/06 11:59 PM

okay, this is the second 'anonymous' on here, the one that was a victim of a lie....

anyway,
i've read through some posts on here, and found a URL that gives statistics (pg. 7 of document) http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/rr/rr5402.pdf

it says that transmission via oral are 1 in 10,000 (not sure how much swallowing increases it, but, even vaginal sex is a risk of 1 in 1000) so, my stress level just decreased. hope yours does too. best wishes!!

eleniel
Guru

Reged: 05/27/06
Loc: Utah, USA
      #201729 - 07/28/06 01:52 AM

6 weeks is about 98% conclusive, 3 months is 99.99%. Only people with severely compromised immune systems (and you would know if you had one..trust me) test out longer than 3 months (thats why the 6 month mark is around).

--------------------
6/29/2010: vl 68,000 cd4: 205

Anonymous
Unregistered

#201744 - 07/28/06 08:45 AM

Your risk is minimal to say the least. Even had you let him cum in your mouth it is still a very small risk. Test if you must ,however, that really would be to know your status not because of this small risk. D.J.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#212975 - 10/27/06 08:24 PM

Hi, everyone

I finally took test after few months. Possible exposure was on May 31, took Home Access test on Oct. 26, got results next day and it was Negative. Thanks to everyone for reading and responding to my post.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1603

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3