Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

ARS SYMPTOMS, MAYBE?
      #201546 - 07/26/06 08:32 PM

IF YOU EXPERIENCE SYMPTOMS 3 WEEKS AFTER POSSIBLE EXPOSURE, EG. HEADACHES AND BODY ACHES, NAUSEA THAT CONTINUALLY PERSIST, BUT ARE MILD AND THEN AT 9 WEEKS DEVELOP MORE SYMPTOMS IN CONJUCTION WITH THE ONES MENTIONED ABOVE THAT ARE REOCCURING, COULD THIS BE ARS ?SYMPTOMS?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
Re: ARS SYMPTOMS, MAYBE? new
      #201593 - 07/27/06 08:29 AM

no....ARS symptoms only last about about 2 weeks maximum, then they disappear on thier own, about as fast as they appear in the beginning. If a person does experience ARS symptoms, it will be 2-4 weeks after exposure.

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
Re: ARS SYMPTOMS, MAYBE? new
      #201657 - 07/27/06 02:04 PM

Do not diagnose yourself based on symptoms. Instead, think about your risks. Have you put yourself at risk for HIV? What kinds of risks have you had? Questions like these will determine whether you need to worry about HIV or get a test.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ARS SYMPTOMS, MAYBE? Long story behind it..... new
      #202126 - 07/31/06 09:46 PM

Hi There,
Here is the story. I was seeing someone for almost a year and back in Nov, we decided we wouldn't use protection because we were just seeing eachother. After our last encounter, a couple of days before feb 14 (unprotected), I decided I didn't want to see him anymore. We slept together once more at the end of feb around the 24th but he did not ejaculate inside of me. At the beginning of March, I started feeling nausea, tired and having cravings. I then feared that I was pregnant but I wasn't. At the beginning of april, I started getting headaches, neck pain and back pains. I went to see the dr. I was told that its tension headaches and that I am really stressed. I have 2 jobs and 3 kids. Then, my whole body started aching, mild for about 20-30 secs. (migatory aches) After doing some research, I got scared and depressed thinking that I may have contracted HIV. I went to my GYN on April 20th and told him what I was experiencing. He took urine and blood and did a full screening for STD's. Everything came back fine. Early March, my throat started bothering me. I got pink eye, started developing acne and spots on my face. In June, whenever I went into a cool place, I got these chill sensations that would last a couple of seconds.The slightest breeze would cause these sensations. Then, my gums started aching for no reason and they changed colors on me. I went to my doc on June 12th and told her about everything and she treats me for depression. I asked her to take another HIV test but she told me HIV doesn't present itself this way. I didn't take the medicine she prescribed but I have been taking vitamin supplements and resting more and stressing less. I don't know what to think. I am still getting symptoms to this day. I go to the Dr again early aug and will get another test......

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1879

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3