Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
elen

Reged: 07/23/06
Scared to get tested!!! Need Advise Please
      #201105 - 07/23/06 07:25 PM

Seven months ago I met this guy and after dating for a couple of times, we decided to have sex. But at our very first time (vaginal intercourse), his condom broke and he ejaculated inside me. I freaked out and asked him if he had any disease, including HIV. He said no (that he was aware of), and mentioned that I was inexperienced and freaking out for no reason. He had been married and divorced since three years, admited having been tested negative (while married, trying to have a baby with his ex wife). I had no suspicious signs at all, and this was my first exposure to semen (I always had protected sex) We broke up, but I still have no courage to go get tested !!! Do I have any reason to be soo scared? If he was positive, can you get HIV from the very first time? Please advise.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Scared to get tested!!! Need Advise Please new
      #201109 - 07/23/06 09:54 PM

It is possible, though unlikely to be infected with one exposure. u should get tested. the good thing is that you are past your window period worries, so you can be tested straightaway.

you will be fine...get tested soon.

jambo

SA_Intellect
Guru

Reged: 03/27/06
Loc: San Antonio, Texas
      #201112 - 07/23/06 10:52 PM

Unfortuantely, yes you can get infected the first. Are you infected now, it's doubtful but not impossible if he is indeed infected. Just suck it up and get tested to put your mind at ease. A test can be done in as little as 20 minutes.

Regret101
All Star

Reged: 07/07/06
      #201123 - 07/24/06 09:03 AM

IT is possible but the fact that he had been tested and negative while with his wife is a reason to breathe!! Just take it easy and know that from a one time exposure it is 1/1000 chance and with mostly protected I am sure it is even lower than that. Go get tested if it has been over 3 months since the incident. If it is 6-8 weeks you can get tested and have a real good idea about your status. Will need to follow up with a 3 month test. BEEN THERE!!! It is hard to get tested BUT it is easier than living with the uncertainty right?

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #201299 - 07/25/06 03:23 PM

You can get HIV from the first time, yes. So if you're worried, you should get a test. But look at it this way: It is ALWAYS better to know your status than to avoid testing and not know. It can be scary, but in the long run it's essential.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1755

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3