Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

10 weeks (con't.)
      #201025 - 07/22/06 08:46 PM

thank you guys for your time and answers. i think the main reason i'm worried is because it was honestly one of those sexual encounters where the very next morning i was like " I shouldn't have done that. That was stupid." But if you were to develop symptoms how long does it take after exposure for that to show up? And do you think I should contact this person for getting tested, or wait until after i get my results? i'm worried because i do think i might have some other std, i've been having odd smelling discharge and some abdominal comfort. i feel so embarassed. and i know having some other sort of std increases the risks of getting hiv so i'm worried about that. but, he didn't ejaculate in me, so that makes me feel a little bit better about what to expect. this encounter happened around the 16th of may so if i waited until aug 16th it would be the full 12 weeks, but i don't know if i can wait that long. what do you think? thanks again :)

~worried in Kansas~

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: 10 weeks (con't.) new
      #201026 - 07/22/06 08:49 PM

The first thing you need to do is go to a free clinic or to your doctor and get checked out. If you have a foul odor it could be BV or an std. Dont worry yourself.

SA_Intellect
Guru

Reged: 03/27/06
Loc: San Antonio, Texas
      #201044 - 07/23/06 01:16 AM

If you are believe you have another std, you should make an appointment to see your doctor and not wait. You should tell him about the encounter and your concerns. There are other tests, like a viral load test, that look for HIV directly in the blood.

Most people who develop intial HIV symptoms have them within the first few weeks of exposure but again many others go through the acute infection phase without any signs.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#201048 - 07/23/06 02:25 AM

thank you guys :) i'm making my appointment first thing monday. i hope everything is okay. keep your fingers crossed for me.

Regret101
All Star

Reged: 07/07/06
      #201124 - 07/24/06 09:18 AM

Your 10 week STD testing will be a VERY good indicator of your status for everything except maybe herpes. It is a tough thing and I wish you well!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1326

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3