Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
yankeefan
Unregistered

The story of why I am getting tested
      #20087 - 07/31/01 07:10 PM

Here is the story of why I am getting tested: (I am a bisexual male)..it might be a bit long, but take the time to read
About 6.5-7 weeks ago, I engaged in unprotected (yeah, I know it was stupid) anal sex with another male. I was the receptive partner. He penetrated my anus for about 2-3 minutes....he did not ejaculate but I am unsure about pre-cum. After that time, I told him to stop, and he did. At the time, I did not think much of it. But about 2 weeks ago, I really started getting nervous. He had gotten a bad case of the flu from a co-worker (the co-worker and her boyfriend both had it and were sick for 2 weeks). He told me that he got the flu on either the 5th or 6th of July. I went and saw him on Friday, July 20 to tell him of my anxiety and fear. On that day, he was feeling a little better and was hoping to go back to work on Monday, the 23rd. He told me I need not worry because he had gotten his yearly test in June and it came back negative. So I started breathing a little easier. Then last Wednesday, I went over there to see him and one of his best friends (a straight guy) answered the door. He told me that his friend had taken a step back and developed PLURACY (if anyone knows what that is, I would appreciate it). Someone told me pluracy has something to do with the lungs, but was not completely sure. Then I really started freaking out. Since then, I have stopped at his house almost everyday, and no answer. I have called him a few times and left messages describing how I am feeling and if he could give me a call I would greatly appreciate it. All I wanted was 5-10 minutes of his time. I went there Saturday and he was not home (his car was gone) and even left a hand-written note in his door. I have not heard from him. I am afraid that he got blood work done while at the doctors, got the results, and does not want to talk to me because he is afraid to tell me that he has HIV. On the positive sign, when I stopped over this past Friday, his best friend again answered the door and I told him my story and even he told me that I really have nothing to worry about. I then started reading up on ARS symptoms, and then I really panicked. It said one of the symptoms is flu-like symptoms. So now I am really, really nervous. Being penetrated for 2-3 minutes with no ejaculation and the possibility of precum is my only risk. I hope and pray that this 2-3 minutes does not come back and haunt me. I have promised myself to never again put myself at any type of risk, if I get through this. Well, this is how I have put myself at risk and why I am completely anxious and nervous and why I went and got tested. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Oops
Unregistered

Re: The story of why I am getting tested new
      #20089 - 07/31/01 07:25 PM

Pluracy is an irritation, of sorts, of the lining of the chest cavity. It causes painful breathing, among other things. How do I know? I had it when I was about 14. Don't know what causes it, but I can guarantee you in my case it wasn't HIV. Went away on its own, that's all I know.

Hope this helps - keep us posted on your test results.

yankeefan
Unregistered

Re: The story of why I am getting tested...To Oops new
      #20095 - 07/31/01 07:53 PM

From what I have been told by his friend, he was given a pretty strong antibiotic for it and its side effects are nausea and drowsiness, among others.

Candy
Unregistered

#20102 - 07/31/01 08:45 PM

I've had problems with Pluracy as well most of my life. It acts up more when I have a chest cold.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: The story of why I am getting tested new
      #20109 - 07/31/01 09:22 PM

I had pluracy in college. I was told it was an inflammation of the lining around the heart (or chest cavity) the heart it fills with fluid and can hurt to breath. I got some anti inflammatory meds for about a week and was cool. Not related to HIV in my case!

Oops
Unregistered

#20129 - 08/01/01 08:34 AM

Ok - as I said, in my case it stuck around for a little while and went away on its own.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20137 - 08/01/01 11:37 AM

I would not be nervous about your "friend" not returning your calls. Your bizarre and compulsive behaviour has probably frightened him; it certainly would convince me not to talk with you.

Mary
Unregistered

#20762 - 08/13/01 01:43 PM

Hey anonymous, that's pretty shallow. Why are you even on this page, if you are so unsympathetic. Hey Yankeefan, I can certainly understand what you are going through and I am not homosexual but engage in anal sex with my man. Well, guess what? I found out I'm not the only one and do you think I'm freaked out??? You better believe it. And also, I freaked on him. It probably wasn't the nicest thing to do...accusing of him infecting me...but I haven't gotten the nerve to get tested yet. And in addition, when I freaked out on him, our relationship has never been the same. And, stop thinking that you are stupid Yankeefan. If you are, then so am I. Hey, your partner has a moral obligation NOT to give you anything either. I understand the words..."protect they self" but sometimes love and lust just make us blind. Take it easy.

P.S. Pluracy is an inflammation of the plura of the lungs. It comes with a bad chest cold, etc. IT is NOT a symptom of ARS and it usually goes away by itself. I've had bouts of it all of my life.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1720

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3