Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Need HELP PLEASE!!!!! GETTING PARANOID!!!!!!
      #200599 - 07/19/06 09:47 AM

hi huys,last early feb.,2006 i had sex with a sex worker at a club. at first we used condom but during the latter part of the session, we had unprotected sex. i saw some blood on the sheets from her vagina. she is small around 5'0" while i am around 6'1". was this a cause of the size difference?
Btw, i have chronic hep b that i had since i was a baby, got it from my mom.
moving on, i tested for std a week after and was diagnosed with chlamydia and trichomonas vaginisis. i took antibiotics for it and it was cured after a week.
3 months later, i tested for hiv through elisa and thank God it was negative.
4.5 months later, i tested for hiv using rapid test and it was again negative.
5.5 months later i tested for hiv using rapid test again and it was negative again.
this july i went on treatment for my hep B using pegasys interferon. i plan to take another test for hiv this month, six months after exposure just to be 100% sure. my questions are:
1. will the pegasys treatment interfere with the result of the elisa test?
2. are rapid tests accurate and dependable?
3. am i conclusively and definitively negative for hiv?
4. do i need further testing?
i have been going nuts for the past 6 months with this problem. please help me immediately. im having a hard time coping with my day to day activities. thanks for your help and more power.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Regret101
All Star

Reged: 07/07/06
Re: Need HELP PLEASE!!!!! GETTING PARANOID!!!!!! new
      #200603 - 07/19/06 10:08 AM

No your testing is definitive. YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV. Now tell Mr Paranoia and Mr Anxeity to take a hike. I personally know what you are going through and I have got some counselling and done some reading on anxeity and what it can do to you. I would seriously suggest talking to someone about your fear. It isnt easy to shake. HIV testing is conquered now you need to worry about the mental aspect.

GOOD LUCK> Drop me a line if you want to talk.

dj1979
Guru

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: rural upstate NY
      #200634 - 07/19/06 02:38 PM

CELEBRATE - you do NOT have HIV! Learn from this, and ALWAYS practice safe sex.

SA_Intellect
Guru

Reged: 03/27/06
Loc: San Antonio, Texas
      #200664 - 07/19/06 08:29 PM

Your medication will not interfere with the results of your HIV test. Quick tests are very reliable though a positive result is always confirmed with western blot. after 6 months, if you are still negative then you do not have hiv and you don't need more testing due to the exposure you describe in your message.

The fact that you had unprotected sex with a prostitute AND had STDs mean that your risk factors for contracting HIV in the future have increased dramatically. You also can infect others with your Hep B, an incurable and sometimes fatal condition. You really need to be much more careful. Unprotected sex with prostitutes is a marvelous way to catch the whole array of STDs.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#200677 - 07/19/06 09:18 PM

hi SA, how does my unprotected sex with a prostitute and having STD cause my risk factor of contracting HIV in the future increase? what do you mean by it?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1728

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3