Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
troubledlove
Unregistered

What a kick in the pants
      #200299 - 07/16/06 11:16 PM

Well, i'm waiting for the results from my HIV test. The thing thats eating away at me now is the fear that I could have put my new boyfriend at risk.

I had unprotected sex with my old boyfriend a while back after a night of drinking, and a couple times again when we didn't have a condom. My god have I ever learned my lesson. Not only did I find out that he cheated on me, but he also had quite a history. So of course, I got a pap, but I had to wait for a while to get my blood drawn for the HIV test.

Ok, fastforward a couple of months. I hooked up with an old friend of mine who helped me out after my breakup, and we've been going out for 2 months. He has treated me so well, and I love him to death. We've only recently become intimate.

Herein lies my problem. I use condoms ALL THE TIME now, but last night the condom broke and now I'm worried to death about it. Partially because of the possibility of getting pregnant(sometimes I take a pill late), but mostly i'm afraid of the possibility of being HIV positive from my previous BF.

Now, I know the risks of him getting it are low(if I do have it), since he pulled out as soon as he noticed. But i'm so scared of my results. If i'm positive, i'll have to tell him and he might freak out, he was a virgin when he met me and I don't want this to be a bad experience for him.

I would rather be told that I am positive, then tell my boyfriend that I am positive and that I could have exposed him too. But the results will tell all, problem is that in the meantime this is eating away at me.

A thousand thanks for listening....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: What a kick in the pants new
      #200307 - 07/17/06 04:58 AM

Dont worry, with a bit of luck, you and your new bf will both be fine. Remember it is not so easy to contract this virus...

take care
jambo

sadface
Legend

Reged: 02/15/06
Re: What a kick in the pants new
      #200324 - 07/17/06 08:31 AM

I have walked in your shoes..hang in there! I know you are worried. Let us know how it goes!
SF

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 975

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3