Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
coby
Grand Master

Reged: 04/01/06
Pinksters test results:
      #200116 - 07/15/06 12:32 AM

I told you I would let you know what came back and what he said so here it goes.

Doc called at 6:00 tonight and all my tests were back, this is what he had to say. My EIA was negative, my Westergreen was normal, my cd4 is 1180 and my HSF was in the normal range. He does want to see my two other CBC's from before that I have to fax to him Monday, he has a concern because my white blood calls are very high, which means I'm fighting something. In all the reading that I have done I thought HIV dropped white calls not raised them, maybe they go high st first then in time start to get lower and lower, don't know for sure. He is concerend about the white blood count and is going to run more tests next week.It would seem that if one was infected with HIV it would at first raise the white cells and as the HIV starts to take over the slowly drop, I wish I knew how that works but didn't have time to ask him. So I got some good news but got some bad to. He's going to compare those CBC's as I said then make a decision on what should be done next. My cd4 count at 4 months I think was 1100 and now it's a bit higher, but I don't know what it was before my exposure, it could have been as high as 1500, from what I have read when first infected cd4 drps then goes back up then slowly drop over time, again I don't know that for sure either. Anyway, I did want to get you the info for those of you who have been waiting, this is now 16 months post exposure for some who don't know my whole story. I hope this helps some of you whp have been waiting, I do believe that I have found a doc who is going to help me figure this out thank god. Thanks to all who have sent pm's and those who sent caring words. SF, I love you girly and I hope you had a good day w/hubby.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Pinksters test results: new
      #200131 - 07/15/06 07:48 AM

my exposure was hiv and hep c blood my wbc is also high
doctor said I am fighting something also. had every symptom
three weeks after exposure.

sadface
Legend

Reged: 02/15/06
      #200135 - 07/15/06 08:40 AM

Pink,
You have had such a struggle with this, I am so glad that you found a Dr. that is taking the time with you to help you get back on track!! I love you too..I'll call you today.
SF

coby
Grand Master

#200149 - 07/15/06 11:25 AM

Anon-

Are you the one who had the cuts on your hand? I remember a lady was doing yard work w/someone who got cut and went to help and that's how the exposure happened. It's hard to keep track of stories when you don't register.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#200161 - 07/15/06 12:56 PM

I've been praying for these results and now here they are, what a blessing. I am so happy for you Pinkster. It must be wonderful to know that you are as healthy as you are! There are some people here who would love to have half the number of CD4 cells you got there! And HIV negative!!!
Is there a Happy Dance in your plans?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#200163 - 07/15/06 01:00 PM

why not just get tested for HIV and know for sure instead of comparing CD4 counts?

Virgo
Grand Master

Reged: 06/01/06
Loc: Massachusetts
      #200169 - 07/15/06 01:56 PM

YOU DONT HAVE HIV!!

You need to have you Doctor concentrate on other things!! You could be missing something VERY important by putting all your energy into HIV. It could be a number of things causing your symptoms, but HIV is not one of them, you have ruled that out.

You have OVER tested for your exposure. 3 months is the window!! Now you have tested over 5 TIMES longer than you needed to, its time to put your HIV fear to bed now. Stop wasting your money (or making insurance rates raise) on testing for the SAME thing over and over again!! Its not going to change!

Not to sound mean, I just dont want you to be missing out on something important like diabetes, cancer, or some other horrible disease!! Thats where you need to be putting your effort, not here. Unless you have had other exposures that you dont want to discuss here, you need to get off you computer, and get with your doctor to work together on finding your problem. Theres a very good chance that theres NOTHING WRONG with you at all, and all of this is just in your head. Trust ME, I have done it!!

I do think you should seek the help of a mental professional, and continue working closely with your doctor to find the REAL problem.

YOU DONT HAVE HIV!!! You have more of a chance of waking up tomorrow and turning into a alien then you do of having HIV.

Good luck to you, and I hope you seek the right help and support for yourself.

Gman9/23
Unregistered

#200198 - 07/15/06 06:43 PM

Pinkster,

Sounds like excellent news so far! As you know a low CD4 is what causes most symptoms related to HIV and yours came out at 1100. It really looks like it is not HIV that is causing your symptoms! That is a very healthy #! I have tested Neg. out to 9 months, but long lasting symptoms have had me concerned that if it is HIV, then I must be a rapid progressor. Based upon your results I am right now breathing a sigh of relief that maybe this is not the case for me. Thanks so much for sharing the news. Keep us posted and I too will do the same.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#200200 - 07/15/06 07:10 PM

yes I am the one that got his blood in my fresh cuts. having instestinal problems my eyes are starting to clear up they where red as hell
having discomfort in rib cage area liver sometimes spleen. had
a mammogram because of lots of lymph nodes in breast had
popping ears, felt disoreiented every morning I woke up with
severe dry mouth. still have dry mouth but don't feel as dizzy as I was. I was not thinking hiv and hep c. Three weeks after exposure
so I know my symptoms were not related with stress. I didn't find out about it until 5 months after exposure when his girl friend called me. Three weeks after exposure I had fever, chills stiff muscle, sorethroat, large non-tender lymph nodes neck, sore in mouth, vaginal yeast infection, dark urine, diarrhea, vomiting rash on chest that I thought was sun exposure didn't itch. The doctor I
worked for gave me zithromax because I asked him to feel my neck. H e said those are huge and if they don't go down in a week to let him know. I didn;t tell him about my other symptoms because he wasn't my doctor and I thought I just had a virus or something
I never in my life had such a stiff neck like that. before his girlfriend
called I broke out in three large cold sores on lips and hard palate
never had that happen before. I just don't feel the same the dry mouth is killing me and I have fatigue and malaise also headache
my teeth hurt at times also. I also had to go to the hospital for impacted stool, lots of gas pains was constipated now getting
diarrhea every morning my hands and feet sometimes tingle and go
numb. The doctor said I have to test up to 12 month because of the known exposure and everybody immune symptom is different
especially if you are fighting more than one disease. I also have been getting shooting pains and muscle twitching in body at times.
will keep you posted

Anonymous
Unregistered

#200204 - 07/15/06 08:01 PM

When you are exposed to hiv you don't no what other disease
they might have. That is why the cdc say you need to test out further
It all depends on if it is a known exposure and you truly had ars
cdc told me that is why hiv and hepc if simutaneous exposure occurs
that could be consider in the catagory of a rare case. and then you follow the doctors recommendations. pinkster are you vacinated against hep b? some people with hiv also have hep b and c. I f you are fighting all these infections your body will not produce antibodies right away in some people.

coby
Grand Master

#200237 - 07/16/06 09:40 AM

Anon-

Thank you for the kind words. I'm happy in the since that my immune system is ok, I still need to find out what is causing a rise in my white blood cells. I have an infection, and it's one that I can tell is not going to be easily found I think. It means alot that I hear kind words but I also know that it does help people who are suffering like me, they get to see my results and just to know that I follow thru with what Ii say I'm going to do. There are a few here who say they are going to do this but don't. I'm going to be faxing my two previous cbc's to him on Monday and he's goign to compare those with the new one to see if we neeg to be worried about anything serious, don't know exactly what he's looking for but I think they will let me know.

To the people who are suffering from something strange and not getting answers, I found that going to a teaching hospital that has new docs and every kind of department you can can think of is the best. You really get the best of both, you have the new docs who all they want to do is be a great doc and learn as much as they can, then you have the docs who have done whatever your being seen for that are the best in that dept along with many years of experience. If you see five different docs all are in the same couple buildings and all the systems match, so your records are all in one place for them to look at. That's the best way I can explain it, I only wich I would have done this sooner, one more thing I noticied while being seen i a place like this, If there is something that is stumping them they have many docs there at one time so five minds are always better then one. Hope this helps someone, I will keep you updated.

Pinkster

Anonymous
Unregistered

#200266 - 07/16/06 01:13 PM

Well you certainly have beat that dead horse named HIV all you can. Perhaps it's time for you to move on.

Might I suggest

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/aunknownstdviralillness/

I think you will feel very welcomed there. They are all just as much a nutcase as you.

Seems a better fit.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#200269 - 07/16/06 02:35 PM

Better to beat a dead horse then be a dead horse.

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #200274 - 07/16/06 05:22 PM

^^^beating a dead horse can lead to being a dead horse ^^^

you cant just focus on one thing when tests prove that particular thing isnt the problem at all. one must check ALL avenues with the same effort as hiv is being pursued in this case*

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

sadface
Legend

Reged: 02/15/06
      #200292 - 07/16/06 10:26 PM

In Pinkys defense she is not a NUTCASE, and that is a horrible thing to say. She is scared and trying to get to the bottom of what is making her feel sick. Fine, its not Hiv, maybe Lupus..who knows. We need to support one another here.
SF

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5042

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3