Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
OneMan80
Unregistered

Worried over nothing? I hope...
      #200049 - 07/14/06 11:50 AM

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster here. Just wanted to kinda vent over my situation for a bit...

Guess I'll start with my risk. Four different encounters with 4 different men over the course of 5 months. All protected with me as the top on two occasions. Well all protected but one anyway.

Back in March I did engaged in three unprotected encounters with a man who swore to me he was negative, he asked me 5 times if I was clean before we even did anything so I figured I could trust him... Well as for the events it went

First encounter (Early March): Unprotected oral and anal me both as top and bottom. both of us ejaculated outside of each other.

Second encounter (Mid March): Unprotected oral and anal as top and bottom. Ejaculation on my rectum and ejaculation in his rectum.

Third encounter (Early April): Unprotected oral and anal with me as the bottom, ejaculaton inside my rectum.

Somewhere between the first and second encounters I noticed I was having loose stools. Figured nothing of it until about the end of April. One day after work I ate some cereal and not long after I became very nauseous with severe stomach cramps. As I passed gas it alleviated the pain. The pain subsided even more with bowel movements which consisted of severe diarrhea. After a day the stomach pain went away but the diarrhea continued for a few more weeks. I noticed that some foods (mainly dairy) made it worse and a friend of mine (who is a nurse assistant) told me I was probably lactose intolerant as she has the same symptoms when she ate dairy. I stopped my dairy intake to amost nothing but took lactose pills when I did eat and that alleviated the problem for a bit but eventally the loose stools came back switching occasionally to hard stools.

The first week of May I noticed that I started to urinate a bit more frequently than normal. A day later I developed pain in my lower back around my kidney area. Two days after that I had a slight clear discharge and went to the clinic. Thinking at first I had a UTI (As my penis had been submerged in tainted toilet water a few times during my diarrhea attacks) But the urinalasys came back clean so they ran me for STDs and put me on antibiotics. The ABs stopped the discharge and the the burning sensation. I went back for my results a few weeks ago and was told I did catch chlamyda.

So fast forward to now. My last encounter was the 3rd week of June, me as top protected with no exchange of semen.
I've noticed that I occasionally still get a dull ache in my urethra or a stinging pain with I ejaculate or urinate but no discharge. My diarrhea has pretty much dissapeared outside of the occasional loose stool and dairy products no longer cause me pain. My main worry is that I may have contracted HIV through my three unprotected episodes although I have no symptoms (yes I know, you can not go on symptoms alone) outside of the diarrhea; but I'm afraid that it may have been a sign of ARS. I'm wondering, how often does diarrhea show as an ARS symptom and does it last long? Cause I've been fighting with my bowels about this for almost the last 3 months, I figured if it were a sign it would've totally cleared up by now.

Well I'm to the point where I'm ready to face the music. It's 11:45 AM my time and I have an appointment for the rapid test at 1:00 so I'm hoping that will give me some kind of closure. I pray that it is negative as I'd like to move on with this part of my life. I'll write back after I get back to tell you all how it went.

Wish me luck

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Regret101
All Star

Reged: 07/07/06
Re: Worried over nothing? I hope... new
      #200054 - 07/14/06 12:04 PM

The absence of a fever is a indication against HIV. The majority of people that have ARS symptoms have a fever...a high one at that. Could be a non specific urethritis which would not of been picked up by the urine sample. Untreated NSU can cause problems with your prostate and I would ask about that. I have simular symptoms as you with a slight clear discharge(stopped), pain with erection and a bit of a stinging at the end of my penis. I am still trying to figure it out.

Good luck and keep us posted. Chances again HIV are really in your favor!! So take it easy and make sure next time to wrapper up or you could go through the same stress again!

Virgo
Grand Master

Reged: 06/01/06
Loc: Massachusetts
      #200055 - 07/14/06 12:05 PM

I hate to say it, but your encounter was very risky.

Your last unprotected encounter was just about 4 weeks
ago correct?? If so, and you get a negative today those results would be a good indication of your true status.

Although you will need to go and have a test done THREE MONTHS after your last unprotected encounter.

The odds are on your side. NEVER NEVER trust someones status until you BOTH go get tested together.

25% that are actually infected do not even know it yet!! Keep that in mind when you decide to engage is such risky encounters with someone of "unknown" status!!

YOU NEED TO USE CONDOMS EVERY TIME!!!
NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

Thats your responsablity not anyone elses.

Virgo
Grand Master

Reged: 06/01/06
Loc: Massachusetts
      #200056 - 07/14/06 12:09 PM

Oh I am sorry, I take that back. After re-reading your LONG story I misread the part where your last encounter was in June, and protected.

So a test right now will be conclusive. I am praying for ya!!

NOW when you get that negative result.....PROTECT YOURSELF ALWAYS!! STD's are not something you wanna efffff with!!

sadface
Legend

Reged: 02/15/06
      #200136 - 07/15/06 08:47 AM

Honey..
We are all here for you! I know how frustrating it can be to be going through this. I have such "trust" issues with people that I too did ask who I was having an encounter with if he was "clean" he swore up and down that he was...anyways, I believed him then, the next day I was filled with guilt and doubt, that was my WORST enemy. I would love to help you through this. Please let me know how it goes...I am adding you to my prayer list.
Love,
SF

Anonymous
Unregistered

#200235 - 07/16/06 09:32 AM

The use of the word 'clean' is insulting to people living with HIV. If a person that is HIV- is considered 'clean', then the assumption is made that a person that is HIV+ is 'dirty'.

Anon I can understand you might not realize that, but I hope you keep that in mind. I understand your test was actually on the 14th. I hope it was negative.

SF, you have been around enough and the subject of the use of the word 'clean' is not a new one, there is no excuse for you to have used that term, parens or not.

sadface
Legend

Reged: 02/15/06
      #200238 - 07/16/06 09:41 AM

I apologize if I insulted anyone here with the word, clean...
SF

Anonymous
Unregistered

#200267 - 07/16/06 01:22 PM

You might actually have some redeeming qualities after all.

It takes a big person to say they are sorry. Thanks.

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #200276 - 07/16/06 05:24 PM

Anonymous
Unregistered

#200283 - 07/16/06 08:52 PM

I guess you are just a dirty, dirty boy with that MSM thing going on that got you infected.

OH BTW, does SSDI know about the fact that while you are on disabiity you are also making money SELLING WEB HOSTING SERVICES. They do now. Well to be honest they don't. The IRS does. I sent a friend web shots of of couple of posts of yours where you mention you make a living doiing that, and your profle which states you are on disability. Can't have both. Gotta love friends in high places. The perks of living in DC.

I figure with the current attiutude put forth by the WH, it won't be a problem for anyone to request your IP and infomation from here. It will be nice to see something good come out of all this spying that the government does on us. Might as well give them a reason to look at you.

Go back to video taping the druggies in your neighborhood that you feel so superior too.

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #200287 - 07/16/06 09:44 PM

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3230

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3