Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Questioning
Unregistered

i hope i am just being paranoid
      #199609 - 07/11/06 08:28 PM

Hello all....

i have gotten sick more than usual these past five months. i first had a sinusinfection that moved to my chest..it tooks antibiotics, then steroids to get rid of it...a month later...i got a cough, warm feeling, and later diahrea (sp). THe cough went away...the diahrea stayed...they put me on intestinal antibiotics for a week....this was several weeks ago...they said there is a small chance that the antibiotics can flare up YOur intestines....i went back to the doctor..they said that i will need a colonoscopy in a month if it doesnt clear up (it hasnt)....my stool is often soft or loose..appetite lessened..ive lost some weight...i am able to eat three meals a day...my lymph nodes feel a bit swollen...and im feel warm at certain times in the day despite the lack of fever (tho it feels feverish).

i am terrified it could be HIV. i have dated a few guys with HIV....nothing went beyond a little kissing and cuddling..one guy..we cuddled naked...and i had a long scrape on the back of my upper leg....i never saw precum on his penis..but i do worry that maybe somehow something got transmitted....am i being ridiculous? i havent ever been sick this long....and i am pretty scared. gonna go back to the doctor soon. any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: i hope i am just being paranoid new
      #199610 - 07/11/06 08:31 PM

Also...this event happened a year ago. other guys i dated with hiv (well knowingly) has been as far as two years ago...last time i got tested was two years ago. i havent had any type of sex since that test.

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #199625 - 07/11/06 09:53 PM

u are being rediculous....if ya continue down this path without proper mental health care treatment for your psychological problems associated with fear and anxiety, it will only steadily worsen, eventually to the point of you mentally unraveling.....do you really want that?...Go address the issues you actually have.

not sure if ya have these issues?...go get hiv tested, and if this kind of thinking and behavior doesnt change with the test results....then yes, you have these types of issues*

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

Questioning
Unregistered

#199644 - 07/12/06 01:31 AM

Actually.....that is what i want to hear....and i hope it is just that....mental issues..anxiety etc.

i have now been sick with intestinal issues, feelingfeverish (tho no fever)...for over a month....i spose a part of me assumes it must be hiv....if i did contract the disease with the behaviors i mentioned..i spose that isnt likely....ugh! but part of me is like...Youre 29....Youre young to be havinghealth problems like this....anyway...

eleniel
Guru

Reged: 05/27/06
Loc: Utah, USA
      #199649 - 07/12/06 03:08 AM

you are just being paranoid

--------------------
6/29/2010: vl 68,000 cd4: 205

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1246

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3