Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Questioning
Unregistered

i hope i am just being paranoid
      #199609 - 07/11/06 08:28 PM

Hello all....

i have gotten sick more than usual these past five months. i first had a sinusinfection that moved to my chest..it tooks antibiotics, then steroids to get rid of it...a month later...i got a cough, warm feeling, and later diahrea (sp). THe cough went away...the diahrea stayed...they put me on intestinal antibiotics for a week....this was several weeks ago...they said there is a small chance that the antibiotics can flare up YOur intestines....i went back to the doctor..they said that i will need a colonoscopy in a month if it doesnt clear up (it hasnt)....my stool is often soft or loose..appetite lessened..ive lost some weight...i am able to eat three meals a day...my lymph nodes feel a bit swollen...and im feel warm at certain times in the day despite the lack of fever (tho it feels feverish).

i am terrified it could be HIV. i have dated a few guys with HIV....nothing went beyond a little kissing and cuddling..one guy..we cuddled naked...and i had a long scrape on the back of my upper leg....i never saw precum on his penis..but i do worry that maybe somehow something got transmitted....am i being ridiculous? i havent ever been sick this long....and i am pretty scared. gonna go back to the doctor soon. any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: i hope i am just being paranoid new
      #199610 - 07/11/06 08:31 PM

Also...this event happened a year ago. other guys i dated with hiv (well knowingly) has been as far as two years ago...last time i got tested was two years ago. i havent had any type of sex since that test.

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #199625 - 07/11/06 09:53 PM

Questioning
Unregistered

#199644 - 07/12/06 01:31 AM

Actually.....that is what i want to hear....and i hope it is just that....mental issues..anxiety etc.

i have now been sick with intestinal issues, feelingfeverish (tho no fever)...for over a month....i spose a part of me assumes it must be hiv....if i did contract the disease with the behaviors i mentioned..i spose that isnt likely....ugh! but part of me is like...Youre 29....Youre young to be havinghealth problems like this....anyway...

eleniel
Guru

Reged: 05/27/06
Loc: Utah, USA
      #199649 - 07/12/06 03:08 AM

you are just being paranoid

--------------------
6/29/2010: vl 68,000 cd4: 205

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1422

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3