Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
jayjay
Unregistered

blew second chance
      #19782 - 07/26/01 02:54 PM

Hello to all. I just wanted someplace to vent cause I have nobody to talk to. I believe I blew my second chance at life. About 4 months ago I was a victim of a violent crime which could have cost me my life. I was robbed and assaulted in my home. Death was at my door when then gun was put to my head....I was at the mercy of the criminals. Fortunately, they just gave me a bad beating and left me alone. I was really shook up but glad that I was alive. You always see crimes of this nature in the papers with different endings. I went away afterwards to put my mind at ease. There was this one time I was really stressed out and went out drinking. I did not go with the intention of meeting someone. I met this girl at a bar and we hit it off. We both got really drunk and ended up sleeping together. Stupid me, I had unprotected sex. Two weeks ago I went for a series of STD test including the Elisa for HIV. This time I was not so lucky cause I contracted Chlamydia. I suppose to go for my HIV result today but I am scared. I really blew it this time. My second chance at life is washed away cause of my stupidity. Please pray for me so that I can have the courage to get my results and accept what ever the outcome. Thanks for listening.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: blew second chance new
      #19783 - 07/26/01 03:02 PM

Hey,
Don't be so hard on yourself! Get your test and do not repeat this behavior. It is not likely to get HIV from one encounter! However, it is not impossible so get tested!
I prayed for you! As Jesus said " Go and sin no more"! He will forgive you if you just ask and if he will then you need to forgive yourself!

Friend
Unregistered

#19784 - 07/26/01 03:02 PM

I will pray for you and I know that most of the people that visit this site will. Relax and keep in mind that what ever happens, we are all humans and you are not alone.
Good luck.

Oops
Unregistered

#19787 - 07/26/01 05:20 PM

You can have chlamydia, the most common std in the world, and not have HIV; this infection does not mean your partner was HIV positive. Odds of infection with a positive partner, during unprotected vaginal sex, are approximately 1 in 500.

Go get your test results - the odds are against you having blown anything, but you shouldn't keep challenging them.

Unregistered

Re: blew second chance / oops new
      #19789 - 07/26/01 05:34 PM

Oops when I first had the HIV fear I would look at odds like you posted 1 in 500 with a positive partner but I also am bi-sexual so I was looking for those odds and never really found them do you know ? anyways I tested Negative and Im not going to be bi-sexual anymore after the nightmare of HIV I don't even think I will have sex until marriage now thats how scared I was and still am.

Oops
Unregistered

#19790 - 07/26/01 05:47 PM

No idea on the bisexual odds..... male to male oral is no worse than female to male, obviously; unprotected anal sex is quite a bit higher risk than unprotected vaginal sex, but how much higher I don't know.

I bet *someone* does, though.

Oops
Unregistered

#19791 - 07/26/01 05:48 PM

Whoa - did I miss something the first time around? Are you conclusively negative now?

Unregistered

#19793 - 07/26/01 06:28 PM

I had a 2 month negative test and no symptoms
all my partners claim to be negative and have taken the test.
I had safe sex with the guy but the girl it was unsafe sex
I was really a sex addict and now I dont even want sex.
I will test again at 6 months but I am sure Im Hiv negative the sex with the girl was past 3 months and that was the one I was more worried about.

Oops
Unregistered

#19795 - 07/26/01 06:31 PM

Cool deal - I'd say you're out of the woods too. I don't know if that's a recent development or if I just missed it, but congratulations!

Unregistered

#19796 - 07/26/01 06:31 PM

sorry let me explain better
I had a scare because of unsafe sex with a woman in December I tested negative after 3 months passed
I had safe sex with a guy in January but only 2 months had passed my test was negative. make sense ?
I am a real person and not anonymous like most posters here and sometimes I think its fiction being written here.

buttercup
Unregistered

#19846 - 07/28/01 02:53 AM

Just because someone chooses to post anonymously does not make their story a fiction. As for you, 143 is as good as anonymous, for who will know who you are? With this post and any other post, the important thing is to be honest. In any case, an untrue post can easily be detected.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
3 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2369

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3