Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Window period
      #197513 - 06/25/06 05:26 AM

Since my exposure i have mada 12 tests, the last one 133 days after, 19 weaks, now 23 weaks after i began again with my tongue white, cheilitis angular, and of course it seems the next Elisa i will made will be positive. I will write it here the result, i have all the results here with me, i have made ag P24 1 month after, and 2 NAT tests, all of them were negative.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Window period new
      #197533 - 06/25/06 11:30 AM

you really wont be happy until you get a positive result. test again

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197535 - 06/25/06 11:50 AM

It is normal to have a feeling like that after an unexpected encounter. But you are definitely negative. Do not let the fear rule you out any more even though I have almost the same situation like yours. Fever, severe fatigue, dry cough everything you name it as stated for HIV symptoms while tests repeatedly showed nagetive. Just don't know why?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197536 - 06/25/06 12:48 PM

Thanks for your nice words, really hope you are right, but for me it doesnt really seems like that

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197540 - 06/25/06 02:13 PM

go down to the doctor get a viral load test and start taking meds.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197541 - 06/25/06 03:00 PM

Congratulations on proving with all those tests that you are HIV-. You may be surprised to find that people who test postive don't need as many tests as you have taken. Just one will do it. More often than not long before the end of the 13 week window.

Time for you to get on with your life.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197562 - 06/25/06 06:26 PM

I dont want to prove that im seronegative, i realy think with all the syntoms that im having, that im S+, ill try to make another test soon, because its very strange all my problems started from that exposure, now im having pain in mouth (gengivitis), im still having angular cheilitis and from a weak i started having the rebords of tongue whites, i really dont want to scare anyone, im just telling my history, now as passed 167 day from the exposure and ill try to make o quick test, if its negative, great and almost all of you are right with the 13 weaks, but if its not maybe all of we should be more carefull with the window period, dont you agree with me?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197567 - 06/25/06 06:58 PM

From the offical CDC training guide.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchstp/od/gap/pmtct/Trainer%20Manual/Adobe/Module_6TM.pdf

Page 11, point #4, sub-bullet

"A negative result usually means that the person is not infected with HIV. In rare instance, a person with a negative or inconclusive result may be in the 'window period". This is the period of time between the onset of infection with HIV and the appearance of detectable antibodies to the virus. THE WINDOW PERIOD LASTS FOR 4 TO 6 WEEKS but OCCASIONALLY up to 3 months after HIV exposure. Persons at HIGH RISK who initally test negative should be RETESTED at 3 months after expsoure to confirm results."

Now the CDC says the window period is 4 to 6 weeks with people having a HIGH RISK (sex with a known postive person type thing) retesting at 3 months after the exposure to confirm a negative from the end of the STATED window period of 4 to 6 weeks.

eleniel
Guru

Reged: 05/27/06
Loc: Utah, USA
      #197581 - 06/25/06 08:48 PM

Well since you want to be + soo badly, wanna trade with me?
I'll take your issues and your negative status if you want my healthy positive status.
REGARDLESS of your symptoms, intuitions, etc..you are NEGATIVE. Accept it and move on.
23 weeks and still testing...its ridiculous!
I tested + the first time around estimated 4 weeks! FOUR!!!!

But hey, feel free to test as often as you'd like, just pay for the tests so the free ones can go to people who are actually at risk!

--------------------
6/29/2010: vl 68,000 cd4: 205

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: eleniel new
      #197625 - 06/26/06 12:34 AM

eleniel, why is your viral load increasing each month. It started out really low and it keeps going up although it still seems pretty low. Were you or are you on meds?

eleniel
Guru

Re: eleniel
      #197627 - 06/26/06 01:15 AM

If I knew why, I wouldnt be seeing my dr every month. Nope, never been on meds. Just a lot of extra stress recently..only reason I can see.

--------------------

Cobal
Unregistered

Re: eleniel
      #197650 - 06/26/06 09:49 AM

Now wait a minute eleniel, your bio indicated that you had been infected 1 or 2 years which means to me that you didnt know when you were infected. So what do you mean you tested at 4 weeks?

eleniel
Guru

#197653 - 06/26/06 10:24 AM

4 weeks from when I THINK I was infected..
Meaning about 4 weeks from my last inconclusive result, and 4 weeks after my last risky behavior

--------------------

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197663 - 06/26/06 12:05 PM

looks like she told a fib. sad.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197686 - 06/26/06 02:33 PM

Yes, i have made today at 167 days another test and will wait for he results friday or Monday, but this time with the syntoms i have been recently like candidiasis again, this time white plaques on my tongue and a flu, it seems that im seroconveting. Of course i understand you and i hope you are right and i thank you for that, but since them in January i have been felling very bad, and i really think thar you feel when you have it, at least for me, because lots of things hapen since the exposure.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4655

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads 6.2.3