Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Will oralquick stick infect me again ?
      #197465 - 06/24/06 04:02 PM

I went to SF Aids Foundation for Oralquick test for test after suffering tremondous amounts of those HIV infection symptoms. It comes with negative result though. Two questions
1. a day after that test, I saw a month ulcer and it is bleeding. I doubt the Oralquick test stick given by that clinican would be contaminated wtih other people's HIV virus. Maybe I got second time infection ?
2. Just don't know how reliable that Oralquick test is. I doubt the reliability of it. Anyhow it was 5 month after the exposure.
Can somebody help ? thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Will oralquick stick infect me again ? new
      #197467 - 06/24/06 04:15 PM

You tested negative. You didn't even have a first time infection and now you are worried about getting HIV from the test? There are better things to worry about like Global Warming.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197468 - 06/24/06 04:43 PM

The Oraquik test is FDA approved and is extremely accurate. The only fault it has is that it tends to be very sensitive so sometimes it gives a false positive when a person is really negative. There have never been problems with false negatives.

Any positive result via Oraquik needs to be confirmed by doing a regular Elisa blood test and a western blot. If you get a negative result at 5 months with Oraquik, you can be sure that you are indeed HIV negative. In fact a test at 13 weeks would have been enough to prove this.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197469 - 06/24/06 04:45 PM

You've got nothing to worry about. They used new tests each time, so it would be impossible to catch anything.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1163

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3